Chapter Twenty Nine

*time skip*

Tobin's POV

I sat on my bed for hours. I was unable to sleep at all last night, there was so much on my mind, so many things for me to wrap my head around.

Laure and I have been dating for five months already and they were some pretty special months filled with nothing but memories. But things were about to change, and they were going to change quickly.

Last night, I received a message from Jill Ellis. She told me about this years FIFA World Cup and how she wanted me there. I was called down to go back to America to play in the World Cup. Was I really up for that?

It was hard for me to believe that she actually remembered that I existed. Especially after the Paris shooting knowing that I blocked everyone out in the U.S.

For almost two years I have called Paris home. I loved it here. The people, the food, and just the atmosphere was incredible. I was happy to call this place my home. I met Laure who has been someone who is so incredibly important to me.

And today, I am going to break her heart. Because today, I'm coming back to America.

I let out another sigh as I ran my hand through my hair numerous times. All of my stuff was already packed up in luggages. Fortunately, I didn't have much but I knew I was going to be missing everything.

It was only six in the morning. I was up at one packing all of my stuff knowing that it was better to get it over with. Let me tell you, I was exhausted and I knew that today was going to be a long day.

*

An hour has passed and finally I heard the door to our room open. Laure appeared in the door frame as she slowly walked over to me while rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Hey Tobs-" She says as she stops dead in her tracks. "What's all this?" She asks me.

"Laure, I need to talk to you." I say as I stand up and walk over to her. I grab her hands and hold them in mine.

"I don't know how to say this or where to start and I just want to say in advance that I am sorry... I'm going back to America to play with the National Team in the World Cup." I say.

Laure looked at me. She didn't frown, she didn't seem angry, no tears had formed in her eyes. A small smile formed on her face as she squeezed my hands.

"You're going home." She says.

"I know... And I am so sorry that I have to leave you. Ever since I got here, you opened my eyes to see new opportunities. You taught me how to love, you taught me so much. You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me and know that I will always love you, despite how far we will be from each other." I say.

This time tears were slowly rolling down her cheeks.

"I love you Tobin. You're the first person that I've ever fallen in love with and I have no regrets. Yes, I am not mad that you are leaving because I knew that you wouldn't stay here for the rest of your life. But I am happy that you stayed here all this time." Laure says as she wipes her tears with the back of her hand.

I pulled her in for a kiss before wrapping her into a tight hug. I was going to miss her, there's no doubt about that.

*

Laure dropped me off at the airport and waited with me for my flight to be called. We both knew that this was possibly going to be the last time that we will ever see each other and it honestly tore me up inside. I was going to miss her.

We held each others hands and every time the intercom went off, Laure would only squeeze my hand a little tighter. And before you know it my flight to America was finally called.

I stood up and grabbed my luggages before looking at Laure.

"I love you, take care of yourself. Okay?" I say as I wrap Laure into a hug.

"I love you too. I'm going to miss you so much but I promise I won't forget you and everything that we had." Laure says. She tilts my head a little and crashes her lips against mine. It was probably one of the most passionate kisses that I was ever given.

I finally pull away and I grab my luggages and start to walk away. Before I enter the gate, I give her one last look and I finally board the plane. It tore me apart knowing that could have been the last time I'll ever see her.

*

When I got to New York it was day time and I knew that the time zone change was going to be difficult to cope with.

When I breathed in the smell of America, I almost breathed a sigh of relief. It felt so different but this was my home. After two years I was finally home.

I caught a cab that brought me to the hotel. When I got there, I paid the driver and started walking into the lobby. Each step I took I felt my heart start to race. I felt this awful pit in my stomach, it was crazy.

I looked around the familiar lobby that hasn't changed since I left. No one was here and I was disappointed to say the least.

I looked around some more and as I was about to walk to the elevator, I saw someone from the corner of my eye. I turn around and see Lauren staring at me. Her jaw was dropped open but it soon turned into a wide smile. She ran over to me and picked me up as she began to swing me around in circles.

"Tobin! Oh my gosh you're back! You're alive!" Lauren says as she finally sets me down. "It's been years, Tobin. How are you?"

"I'm great." I say with a smile.

"What are you doing here? It's not a bad thing you're here it's just a surprise." Lauren says.

"Jill sent me a message... For the World Cup." I say with another smile.

"Oh my gosh, it's so good to see you. I've missed you so much." Lauren says as she hugs me one more time before releasing me.

"I've missed you to." I say.

"Well, do you need help getting settled in. You really haven't changed much." Lauren says.

"Well, sometimes we don't have to change. Do I still have the same room?" I ask.

"Uh yeah... You're still with Alex. You can wait later and hang out in my room if you want. I know that theres... Stuff between the two of you."

"It's fine. I'll deal with it. I'll catch up with you later." I say with a smile.

I say bye to Lauren as I go into the elevator and head up to my floor which I remembered was the third floor. I walked down the hall to my room and I approached my room. The same room that Alex and I shared.

I take a deep breath and without knocking on the door, I walk in. As I walk in, I see Alex on top of Kelley. Both of them in their bras and underwear. I stop dead in my tracks and Alex turned towards my direction and when she saw me, her face dropped.

"Tobin..."

I was already out the door.

***

I've gotten a lot of complaints with my story so I skipped a lot of stuff I was going to write to get to this point! So yes, finally, Alex and Tobin will be together. Hope y'all are happy now!

:)))

Thanks for reading, now you can enjoy!