Chapter Twenty Eight

Alex's POV

A month has passed since the shooting at Paris and there was no sign of Tobin. She never returned our calls, there weren't any news on her. She was just... Gone.

No one knew if she was okay, no one knew where she was. We just didn't know anything.

I was worried about her, I really was and I still am. But I know I can't get stuck in the past.

I remind myself everyday that Tobin was the one who left. She was the one who decided to go to Paris to be away from me. She was the one who put an end to our relationship.

I have Kelley now and she makes me happy and I know that my happiness is important.

Tobin's POV

My eyes slowly fluttered open. My eyes adjusted from the bright lights shining above me.

As I began to focus on my surroundings I realized I was in a hospital. What was I doing here?

I tried sitting up in bed but I felt a sharp, excruciating pain on my side. I looked down and saw a bandage wrapped around my waist. What happened?

"Ah, Ms. Heath you're awake." Someone says. I guy with a white coat and clipboard walked in the room with a smile on his face. "You probably have a lot of questions and I will try to answer them."

"You were shot three times. One in the leg, one in the abdomen, and one on the back. We were able to remove all three bullets and fragments that were left over. You're expecting a full recovery and from my understanding you're a soccer player. I do ask that you rest and recover for approximately anther week or two and slowly work your way up to full training. You'll be just fine Ms. Heath. Just some battle wounds." He says with a small smile.

"I'll get the discharge papers and you'll be on your way."

I thanked him as he walked out of the room. I closed my eyes until I heard a knock on my door.

I looked up and saw Laure standing in the doorway with flowers in her hand and a small smile on her face.

"Hey, Tobs." She says as she walks over to me.

I just smile at her.

"How are you?" She asks as she sits on the edge of my bed.

"I've been better." I say with a sigh.

"I'm sorry this happened. It should have been me. I should be in this bed not you." She says, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"No don't say that. I'd take a bullet for you everyday if I could. That's how much you mean to me." I say, grabbing her hand.

"You... Saved me Tobin. You jumped in front of me so I wouldn't get shot. How can I repay you?" She asks.

"By being my girlfriend." I say.

She looked me in the eyes and a smile formed on her face.

"Absolutely." She says as she presses her lips against mine.

"I had know idea what we were until now. And having you is all I need." I say as I gently touch her face.

There was a knock on the door and the doctor walked in with my discharge papers. I quickly signed them and left with Laure to her house.

She helped me get comfortable on her couch and afterwards we just leaned against each other and cuddled into each other's side.

"So, we're together now?" Laure ask as she grabs my hand and locks them together with hers.

"Yes, we are."

"Do you ever think about going back to America?" Laure asks.

I shake my head no. "Why?"

"Because I never want you to leave. I've never felt this way with someone before and I want us to last a long time. Perhaps a lifetime because you're just... Perfect. I would never do anything to hurt you in any way." Laure says.

"Laure, I'm not leaving here. This is my home now and there's no going back. I'm staying here with you because I'm most happy when I'm in your arms." I say with a small smile.

"Kiss me." Laure says. I looked her in the eyes and saw nothing but lust.

I pulled her towards me and gently pressed my lips against hers. Her hands wandered up my shirt as she pulled it off.

"A lifetime with you, Tobin, is all I'll ever think about." Laure says as she crashes her lips against mine.