Chapter Seventeen

Alex's POV

I look at myself in the mirror and smile at my reflection. Tonight, Tobin was taking me out on a date and she told me it would be a surprise. So yes, I was excited. I flattened out my coral colored dress and smiled.

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before grabbing my sandals and purse. I walked out of my room and saw Tobin wearing dark blue jeans and a white v neck shirt. I stared at her for a few minuets, she looked amazing. And I was so incredibly lucky.

I walked over to her and wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her toward me.

"You look beautiful." She whispers in my ear causing me to blush. Servando never made me blush as much as Tobin. She made me feel special and beautiful and I only hoped that she felt the same way.

"Ready?" I ask as I pull away from her and she nods.

"Well, you have to put this on." Tobin says as she shows me a blindfold.

"You're kidding right?" I ask.

"Well, tonight is going to be a surprise. So no, I'm not kidding." Tobin says as she wraps the blind fold around my eyes. I felt anxious and excited.

"If I trip or fall it's on you." I say and I hear Tobin's laugh that was music to my ears. She guided me down the stairs and into the car. Then, we drove somewhere and I was dying to know what she had planned.

After almost half an hour, the car came to a stop and I felt the car door on my side open. Tobin grabbed my hand and helped me out and we walked. I felt my feet on sand. Then we walked up a ramp and finally, she removed the blindfold.

My heart melted at the sight. We were on a boat and towards the end of the boat, blankets and candles were set up along with a picnic basket.

"Tobin, this is beautiful." I say, covering my mouth with my hands.

"Well, a girl like you deserves nothing but the best." Tobin says. She grabs my hand and leads me over and together we sit down. We talk and we eat and I learn more about her. I know so much about her that I'm capable of writing a biography of her.

"Where did you go to high school?" She asks me. A wave of nerves went through my entire body, I couldn't tell her anything. It would ruin everything that we have. I felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest.

"Um, I went to Diamond Bar High School..."

"Sounds familiar... I went to Ridge High School for only three years. My freshmen year was... I went to a school in California because my dad got a job then he got another job back in Basking Ridge where I originally grew up in. That one year in California was a waste of time." Tobin says as she shrugs her shoulders.

I let out a deep breath knowing that the conversation has come to an end.

We talked a little more until we laid down next to each other and stared up at the stores. She grabbed my hand and locked our hands together. It was like we were meant to be together because my hand fit perfectly in hers. It was such a great feeling.

I propped myself up on one shoulder and looked at Tobin.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Tobin?" I say as I stare into her eyes.

A smile formed on her face. "Yes." She says. She pulls me towards her and crashes her lips against mine.

*

The next morning, I woke up and found myself back in our room. I looked over and saw Tobin sleeping next to me. I lifted up the blankets and it revealed our bare bodies. Then I remembered everything from last night.

We didn't have sex, but it still happened to be such a great night. We made out and it was amazing.

I looked at Tobin and slowly her eyes fluttered open and she smiled at me. "Good morning." She says as she wraps her arms around my body causing shivers to run down my spine.

"Thank you for last night... It was amazing." I whisper into her ears as I lay my head against her bare chest.

"It was only amazing because you were there with me. You have know idea how long I've waited for this to happen. I've dreamt about it, thought about it everyday and look at us now. Teammates, best friends, now girlfriends? I only want more." Tobin says as she gently presses her lips against mine.

***

Guys, be ready for the next chapter!