Chapter Forty Six

Alex's POV

"What?" I blurt out hoping that I heard her say something else.

"Jeni and your parents are dead." Kelley says with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"No! No! You're lying!" I say as I feel more tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I'm not, Alex and I wish I was. I'm so sorry." Kelley says.

I felt everything around me collapse. I fell to the ground and slammed my fist on the floor. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I felt so much heart break and anger go through my body.

It was the same feeling when I saw Tobin with Christen together. Right when things were getting better for me, something would happen and I would end up broken.

"I'm so sorry, Alex." Kelley says as she wraps me into a hug.

I was speechless. I wanted to yell, I wanted to scream. I had so much to say but nothing came out. Nothing but silence.

*

The next day Kelley and I flew to California and went to my hometown, Diamond Bar.

When we got there, a limo was there waiting for us along with some soccer fans waiting for an autograph from Kelley and I.

Neither of us acknowledged them. We walked away with our heads down. We went into the limo that took us to the hospital where Jeri was.

My parents and my other sister Jeni were all killed in a car crash. So, it was just Jeri and I. Jeri was hurt in the car wreck but made it out in critical condition.

"We're here for Jeri Morgan." Kelley says to the nurse at the front desk.

"I'm sorry, family only." The nurse says with a small smile.

"I'm her sister." I say with no expression.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Room 134." She says with a sad smile. I just nod as I walk to Jeri's room.

"I'll be outside." Kelley says as she waits outside of Jeri's room. I walk in and find her covered in bandages.

A bandage was wrapped around her head. A cast was on her right arm and left leg and that was it.

I pulled up a chair and sat in it as I took Jeri's hand and squeezed it. I was surprised when she squeezed back as her eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Alex?" Jeri croaks out.

"I'm right here, Jeri." I say with tears in my eyes.

"It's just us now." Jeri says as tears filled her eyes.

"I know." I say as tears begin to roll down my cheek endlessly.

"I... I haven't talked to them in months. I should have called them. I should have." I say in between sobs.

"Shhh, it's okay. They know you love them." Jeri says as she squeezed my hand. "And they loved you too. I know they did."

"Mom and dad are gone... Jeni is gone. God, Jeni is gone." I choke out. It finally hit me that my parents and sister were dead. I couldn't believe it.

"We still have each other." Jeri says as she looks me in the eyes. "We'll always have each other."

"This can't be real. I can't believe this." I say as I stroke Jeri's hair.

"I know, Alex.... I know."

After a few more minuets, Jeri fell asleep because of the drugs the doctors put her on that caused fatigue.

I stood up and left the room and I started running. I ran to an empty hall where I slid to the ground and cried.

"Alex!" I head Kelley call out. She crouched down next to me and wrapped me into a tight hug.

"Why is this happening to me?" I ask in between sobs.

"I don't know, Alex... I don't know." Kelley says back.

"What else is going to be taken away from me? What else am I going to loose?" I ask as I cried uncontrollably until there were no more tears to cry out.

"I'm so sorry, Alex." Kelley says as she hugs me tighter.

"I lost the love of my life, now my family! Why! Tell me why is this happening to me!" I scream in anger.

"I wish I could tell you, Alex but I can't! I don't know the answer and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Alex."

"I told you... this won't ever end."