Chapter Twenty

Alex's POV

The next day, I thought about everything Tobin and I talked about. I wanted to erase everything and pretend like nothing happened.

After all, she still loves me and I still love her.

I got out of bed, took a shower and went into the kitchen. I made myself some coffee and I even made Tobin some coffee.

I wanted to make things right between the two of us, I wanted to be happy with her again. We got everything off our chests and I was relieved that I told her everything.

About an hour passed and she still hasn't come out from her room. I let out a sigh as I walk over to her room and gently knock on it.

I waited for a response but there wasn't one. I opened her door and found her room empty. And when I say empty, everything was empty. Some of her drawers were opened and nothing was in them. Everything was gone. She was gone.

My eyes widen at the realization of where she was. I grabbed my car keys and phone and quickly hopped into my car. I pulled out of the driveway and I drove to the airport as fast as I could.

When I got there, I went through security and I looked at the boarding times. When I found Paris, I realized that they were boarding right now. I sprint through the airport until I reach the gate and I see Tobin about to board her plane.

"Tobin!" I yell.

She turns around and we locked eyes. She slowly walked over to me with her bags in hand.

"I don't care about what you were in the past, I didn't fall in love with you back then. I fell in love with you now. I'm head over heels for you."

"I can't hurt you, Alex." Tobin whispers.

"You won't." I say as I grab her hand but she pulled away.

"I know it might be hard but you have to let me go. It's for the best and we both know it."

"No. Tobin, stop. Stop pushing me away. I'm not letting you do that."

"I'm trying to protect you." Tobin says.

"You don't have too." I reply.

"I have to go, Alex, and you may not like it but this is my life. My decision. Go, be happy you don't need me."

"I do need you!"

"No you don't, you'll be just fine without me. I know you will be."

"You're what makes me happy. You're the only person that can make me happy. If you leave, you're taking that away from me." I say with tears rolling down my cheek.

"Be with someone else. Fall in love with someone else. Just make sure it's not me because I don't want to hurt you. You can find someone else that can make you happier than I can. You can find someone else who will make you feel safe and comfortable because I can assure you that you won't get that from me. No one will ever love you as much as I do, but I'm sure you'll fall for someone else, and that person will fall for you."

"Tobin, you won't hurt me stop saying that. And you make me feel safe and loved and everything else in between. I've never felt this way with someone before but you're different. You are special. So stay. We can be happy together, just the two of us. Nothing will stand in our way. It'll be the two of us, like how it used to be."

Tobin gave me a small smile and this time she grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "I have to go." She says and she slowly releases my hand. Tobin lets out a sigh.

"Let me go."

"Tobin, don't do this. I'm sorry about everything. Please, just don't go."

"You don't have to say sorry, Alex." Tobin says in a soothing voice. I wanted to crash my lips against hers but she pulled away from me. I felt my life crumble before me, this wasn't what I wanted.

"You can't leave, I won't let you!" I say as Tobin starts to grab her things.

"I'm sorry." Tobin says as she turns away from me.

"Tobin, if you board that plane we are done!" I yell with tears streaming down my eyes.

Tobin stops walking and turns around to face me with a tear rolling down her cheek. "We were always done."

Tobin says. Then, she was gone.

***

Awesome