Chapter Ten

Alex's POV

After an entire week of celebrating our gold medal from London we headed back home with our heads high. I sat next to Tobin on the plane and she stared out the window, her gold medal around her neck.

"Are you ready to go back home?" She asks as she turns to face me.

"Definitely." I say with a smile.

"You deserve the gold medal. You played so well throughout the tournament and I couldn't be prouder. You proved to everyone that you can play at this level and be successful. You just have to believe in yourself, just like I believe in you." Tobin says with a smile.

"Tobin, you know you mean a lot to me, right?"

"Well, I do now."

"I want us to be friends, no matter what. You've been there for me when I had no one else and I still need you to show me the ropes."

"We'll be friends, Alex. You can't lose me that easily." She says with a small laugh before turning to face the window.

When we landed back in New York, we were given time off until, our new head coach, Jill calls us back up for the National Team. Until then, for the first time, we were heading to our NWSL teams. Luckily, I was with Tobin on the Portland Thorns.

Tobin and I took another plane to Portland and said bye to our teammates who we were going to see during the season. When we got to Portland, we rented a condo and called it home.

"You want this room?" I ask Tobin as we look around our condo.

"Sure." Tobin says with a smile.

Once we got settled in, we sat on the couch and we just took a deep breath. It was a comfortable silence, until my phone started ringing.

"My god, I can't take a break."

Tobin lets out a laugh as she heads towards her room. "I'll leave you alone." She says and disappears into her room.

I look at my phone and see that it was Servando. I let out a sigh and answer it, bringing the phone to my ear.

"Hey babe." He says.

"Hi, what's up?" I ask.

"I'm in Portland right now. How about we go for dinner tomorrow at six. Y'know, celebrate your gold medal." He suggests.

I think about it before finally answering. "Yeah, that sounds great." I say before finally hanging up.I let out a sigh before going into Tobin's room and collapse onto her bed.

"You have your own room and your own bed." Tobin says with a small laugh.

"Your room was the closest, plus I'm tired. We literally just came from London." I say with a yawn.

Tobin lets out another laugh. "Who was on the phone with you?"

"Servando... I have a date tomorrow."

"Oh. Well I'm tired I'm going to bed." Tobin says as she crawls under the covers.

I let out yet another sigh before standing and start heading towards the door. "I know you're tired, you can sleep here if you want." I hear Tobin say.