Chapter Twenty Seven

Alex's POV

The door opened and a smile formed on my face at the sight of Kelley. I dropped my stuff and jumped into her arms.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" She asks as I jump off of her and smile at her.

"I missed you and I wanted to see you."

"Well, is everything okay?" She asks as she grabs my hand.

"Now that I'm with you, everything is perfect." I say, crashing my lips against hers.

She helped me get settled into her house before we sat together on her couch and snuggled into each other.

"Why are you here? I wasn't expecting you." Kelley says as she runs her hand through my hair.

"I was just... Thinking about you and I just needed someone." I say.

"I was about to call you when you knocked on the door. I've missed you and it's only been three days." Kelley says with a small laugh.

I smile at her as I rest my head on top of her chest.

She turns on the TV and the news popped up and my eyes widen at what was showing.

I quickly sat up on the couch and stared at the TV, my eyes wide open and at what was being broadcasted. Even Kelley had the same concerned and worried expression on her face.

A large shooting happened at Parc de Princes during today's game with teams, Paris Saint- Germain (PSG). Authorities say at least thirteen fatalities and more than twenty wounded...

The TV started to show the scene that had over fifty police cars and ambulances. It was terrible.

Then my eyes widen. Tobin. She plays for PSG.

"Tobin. Tobin is there." I say, my voice shaky.

Kelley looked at me with tears in her eyes. I grab my phone and head outside and call her.

It rang multiple times but she never answered. It was the first time in almost two years since I last called her and just this time, I wanted to hear her voice. I had to make sure she was okay.

I called her again and again and again but still no answer. Tears began to form in my eyes as I throw my phone on the ground and run my hand threw my hair numerous times.

I felt an arm on my shoulder and looked up and saw Kelley.

She had tears in her eyes as as sat on the ground next to me. I knew that Kelley talked to Tobin almost every night. I couldn't imagine what was running through her head.

"She's going to be fine. She's fine." Kelley said. But she sounded so unsure.

"What if she's not fine! What if she's one of the thirteen that died? What if she's hurt?" I say, my voice in a panic. Although Tobin and I haven't talked in such a long time, the thought of her being in pain or possibly dead tore me up. I had know idea what to think.

"Alex, we can't think about that right now. Just hope for the best, we don't know that much." Kelley says as she helps me up to my feet and we walk back into her house and sit on her couch.

*

No One's POV

Back in Indiana where Lauren lived, she sat on her couch with tears filling her eyes. She had know idea if her best friend was okay, or not. She called Tobin's phone multiple times and got no answer. She called her other fellow new kid, Amy and she had the same reaction as everyone else.

Shocked, scared, nervous, worried and absolutely terrified. 

Jill Ellis called the team for a meeting tomorrow to talk about Tobin. Tobin was still part of the team. She was everyone's teammate and as a team, they were going to do anything to make sure that she was okay and that she was safe.

Meanwhile in Paris at Parc de Princes all you can hear is the sound of people yelling and the loud blaring sound of sirens. Ambulances running in and out of hospitals. The number of people wounded was rising and so was the number of fatalities. 

Two paramedics laid one of PSG's soccer players onto a stretcher and rushed her into an ambulance. They were screaming a bunch of medical terms and none of it sounded good. Before even closing the back door of the ambulance, the paramedic called in more people to help that soccer player.

Things weren't looking good.

*

Alex's POV

The next morning, Kelley and I woke up earlier to catch a ferry to New York because we were already in New Jersey. 

Jill called in a team meeting and the concern in her voice had me sick to my stomach. 

Kelley and I drove to the nearest ferry boat that we can catch and the entire drive their we didn't say a word. We were nervous, we didn't want to hear the most dreadful new that we can think of.

Honestly, I couldn't sleep last night. All I thought about was Tobin and if she really was dead. I had know idea how I would live if I found out that she was gone. I would live the rest of my life in regret.

Once we reached New York, I grabbed Kelley's hand and we took a bus to the hotel. When we got to the hotel we went into the lobby where only half the team was. Everyone looked up at us almost with a sigh of relief.

I walked over to Lauren and Amy who were sitting on a couch. Both of them had tears staining their eyes. None of us new what happened or what was going to happen. But we were all scared.

A shooting at Paris at a soccer game. I should have been there instead of Tobin. If she got hurt I would do anything to trade places with her. She's been through so much already and I can't even imagine what is happening to her now.

I looked over at Kelley and I motioned for her to sit next to me. So she did. She wrapped an arm around me and pulled me in towards her.

"Hey, no matter what happens I am going to be here for you because I love you." Kelley whispers into my ear.

***

so what's going to happen next?