Chapter Thirty Three

time skip
Alex's POV

It's been three months since Tobin and I got back together. Honestly, it's been wonderful. We had a few problems here and there but we were able to work through them and it was almost like nothing happened.

I've loved Tobin ever since I first met her, and I knew that I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else but her. I knew that she was the person I was going to spend the rest of my life loving. I knew that she was the person I was going to grow old with and create a family with. She was the one and it's always been her.

"Looks like you're up to something." Kelley says as she sits on the couch across from me.

We were on break from soccer until next summer which was going to be a while but it was fine considering I needed a break from the pitch. So Kelley, Tobin and I were in Orlando where I live in a beach house.

"It's nothing." I say back.

"Oh well it's obviously something now that you mentioned that it was nothing." Kelley says with a curious look on her face.

Despite the things Kelley and I have been through these past couple months, I was still so grateful that she was still part of my life. In fact, we are more closer now than we were when we were in a serious relationship.

I looked Kelley in the eyes and shook my head as I took a box out of my pocket. I opened it up and Kelley's eyes widened.

"I want to marry her." I say with a small smile. Kelley nearly squealed in excitement as she looked closely at the engagement ring that sat in the box.

"Alex, this is beautiful. When are you proposing?" Kelley asks.

"I don't know. I don't know if she's ready, I don't know if it's too soon. I don't know." I say with a sigh.

"Alex, you loved the girl almost your entire life. And I know that when we were in a relationship that you still loved her and I know that she feels the same way. I know she loves you just as much as you love her."

"How do you know for sure?" I ask curiously with one eyebrow raised.

"Because I can see it."

"See what?" I ask.

"Love. You both love each other and it's such a strong love that I've never seen before. When you talk about her, your face lights up almost instantly. And when Tobin talks about you, her face gets all red. It's obvious." Kelley says leaning back in her chair.

"But do you think it's too soon to propose to her? I feel like we just got back on track."

"It's never to soon. If you love her that much and if you're positive that you want to spend the rest of your life with Tobin then yes. Propose. No harm done if she says know or if she's not ready."

"What if she is ready?" I ask. Suddenly I felt a rush of anxiety go through me, it was the realization that I was taking a huge step towards Tobin and I's relationship. I suddenly felt like nothing was going to work out.

"You'll know if she's ready." Kelley says.

I stand up and rush over to the sink as I start to throw up this mornings breakfast. Kelley quickly pulled my hair back and when I was finished I splashed my face with water and sat back down.

"Are you okay?" Kelley asks concerned.

"I'm thinking too fast. Way too fast. We only got back together like three months ago." I say with a sigh.

"But you've loved her for years. And she loved you for years." Kelley says with an encouraging smile.

"I don't know, Kels. What am I thinking?" I say running my hand through my hair.

"You're thinking about your future. Alex, I know that you know what the right decision is. You love her. So go marry her." Kelley says with another smile.

"I have to propose. I just need the right time and the right moment."

"Let's start planning."

***

Sorry, I know it's been awhile! Hope you enjoyed reading!