Chapter Thirty Five

Alex's POV

Emptiness. That seemed to be the only thing I felt. I've sat in my room for hours these past couple days, unwilling to come out.

Kelley kicked Tobin out of my beach house leaving just Kelley and I but I hardly ever saw her.

Kelley would knock on my bedroom door a couple times a day asking if I was okay or if I needed something. I hardly ever said anything in response.

I'd stare out my window searching for an answer that I will never find. I could never seem to understand why Tobin never felt the same way as I did.

All I've ever done was pour my out to her but she only crushed it in return. She never loved me when really, she was the only person I've ever loved.

I heard a knock on my door and I knew it was Kelley.

"Alex? Do you need anything? Some food maybe?" She asks behind the door.

I did nothing. I just stared. The sound of food makes me want to throw up, I haven't eaten in days. I haven't showered in days. All I've done was sit, and sleep.

"Alex, you need to come out, get some fresh air. You've locked yourself in your room and it's not healthy. C'mon... we can talk." Kelley says.

I ignore her once again and turn my back towards the door. I didn't want to deal with anyone or anything. I knew I had to face my problems eventually but I found no desire to.

I stood up and paced around my room until I came across a picture frame with a picture of Tobin and I kissing.

I grabbed it and threw it against the wall. I watched it shatter onto the floor. I screamed and threw every picture frame against the wall screaming in anger and heart break.

"Alex! Alex! Open the door!" Kelley says while banging against the door.

I scream even louder as I throw more picture frames against the wall. Even my favorite picture of Tobin and I.

Then, the door bursted open. She grabbed me by the hand and put down the frame in my hand.

I collapsed onto the floor with tears flooding my eyes as they slowly rolled down my cheek. This was my breaking point.

"Oh my god, Alex." Kelley said. She knelt down next to me and wrapped me into a loving embrace. She held my hand and squeezed it tight but I felt nothing.

Emptiness was all I felt.

"Please, talk to me." Kelley pleads. She moves a strand of hair from my face and looks me in the eyes. "Please, say something. Let me help you." She says with tears in her eyes that refused to fall.

"I... I can't do this anymore." I choke out.

"I know it's hard, Alex. You have to get through this, you have to fight through this." Kelley says as she squeezes my hand tighter.

"I thought she was the one. The one I was going to marry." I say back while leaning my head against her shoulder.

"Alex, listen to me. You can find someone else. You can be with someone else. Stop dwelling on the past. She doesn't love you, Alex."

"But I loved her!" I scream back. Kelley winced at the sudden change in my voice.

"She doesn't love you back Alex! All she's ever done to you is break your heart."

"Fix this, Kelley! Fix me!" I say in between tears.

"Alex... I... I don't know what to do." She says with tears rolling down her cheeks. "I want to help you but I don't know how. You're so... broken."

"Then why is this happening to me?" I ask but Kelley just looks away from me.

"Maybe you were never meant to be together."

"But I thought we were. We were supposed to end up together."

"Things don't always work out the way you want them too. It's life, it's a bitch." Kelley says while moving the hair away from my face.

"I loved her..." I say. The tears slowly rolled down my cheek and I began to calm down.

"I know you did."

"What am I going to do?" I ask, desperate for an answer.

"You move on."

***

I just published a new story! Go check it out!

Thanks for reading!