Chapter Thirty One

Tobin's POV

I pulled away but I regretted it. It was the best feeling ever to feel her lips against mine but at the same time it felt so wrong.

I took a step away from her trying to process everything.

"Tobin, I want you and I have always loved you and I know that you love me too." Alex says.

I didn't say anything. I let the rain fill the silence between us.

"Do you? Do you love me?" Alex asks.

I didn't answer. I didn't know how to and I didn't want to. I took a step away from her and soon found myself running. I was running away from her but really I just wanted to get closer to her.

I ran back into the hotel and ran up the stairs to Lauren's room. I bursted through the door and collapsed onto her bed.

"Tobin, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" She asks as she lifts me up so I can face her.

She grabs a towel and wraps it around me before sitting across from me waiting for me to talk.

"I.... I don't know what to do." I whisper.

*

Alex's POV

It wasn't worth chasing after her. She wanted to run so I let her. But I thought about everything I said and I wanted someone to tell me that I said the right things. I didn't want to scare her off and make her believe things. I just wanted her to be mine.

"Alex..." I hear someone say. I spin around and see Kelley standing in front of me. She had tears rolling down her cheeks.

I took a step towards her but she took a step back which was like another stab in the heart. This was my fault. All of this was my fault and I felt like things were going to get worse from here.

"Kelley, let me explain." I say but she shakes her head.

"I heard it all, Alex. You have nothing to tell me, you have nothing to explain. I'm not mad. After all, Tobin is your first love and I can't tell you or force you to love me when you've only loved her." 

"Kelley... I'm sorry it's just that. For months I thought I moved on, for months I thought that I was in love with you but when I saw her come into our room all of my feelings came back. And I'm sorry. I can't help it."

"Don't apologize, Alex. I know and I get it. I just wish I knew sooner that you would never love me as much as you love Tobin."

"Kelley-"

"You don't have to say anything else. I knew that we were never going to work out and I knew because deep down I knew that you had such a special kind of love with Tobin. I can't put you at fault when your heart always has belonged to her." Kelley says with a tear rolling down her cheek. But she smiled at me.

The rain continued as she took a step towards me and wrapped me into a tight hug.

"We can still be friends, right?" Kelley asks and I nod my head yes.

"Go get your girl." Kelley says with a small smile on her face. I smile back at her before I run back into the hotel.

When I got back into the hotel, I ran all over the place trying to look for Tobin. I didn't know where she was or where I could possibly find her. 

I let out a sigh as I walk up to my room and change out of the clothes I was wearing that was soaked from the rain. Then, I sat on my bed and I heard the door open and Kelley walked in. She smiled at me before she went to the bathroom to change into dry clothes from the rain.

Then tears formed in my eyes as I buried my head into my hands. Then I felt someone rest their hand on my back and I looked up and saw Kelley sitting next to me. She grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes.

"What do you need?" She asks. I was surprised at how nice she was treating me, considering that we broke up a couple minuets ago. That's what I love about Kelley. She was so understanding.

"I don't know what to do."

***

Well, let's see how Tobin and Alex figure this out. Let's also see how this election turns out because we're screwed either way.