Chapter Thirty Four

Alex's POV

After days of planning, Kelley and I had figured out a way for me to propose to Tobin. I set up a dinner on a yacht which was tonight and I was so nervous. My hands were shaking already and I can feel so much tension in my body.

But it was okay. I knew that I was ready and I know that Tobin was ready for the next step into our relationship. I let out a deep breath as I looked at myself in the mirror. 

I had a light blue dress on that only went down to my knees. And to match, I had white sandals on. 

"You look beautiful, Alex. Truly." Kelley says with a smile. "Are you ready?"

"I'm nervous." I say as I stand up and face Kelley.

"You have every right to be, this is your future. Tobin is your future." Kelley says with a smile.

"What if she says no?" I ask while biting my bottom lip.

"Don't think about that, Alex. I promise she's ready just like you are." Kelley says as she lays her hands on my shoulders.

"Okay... I'm ready." I say as I take a deep breath. Kelley pulled me into a tight hug and when she pulled away she smiled.

"Now, go get your girl!" Kelley says as she shoves me out the door. I let out a laugh as I walk down the hall to Christen's room where Tobin was getting ready.

I knocked on the door and when there was no response, I opened it and stopped dead in my tracks. I felt my heart break as I saw Tobin on top of Christen, both of them naked.

Then, Tobin turned her head and when she saw me her eyes widened. She quickly threw herself off of Christen and wrapped a blanket around herself.

"Alex, I can explain!" Tobin says as she walks over to me.

"You don't have to explain anything. The only thing that I know is that you never loved me." I leave the room with tears streaming down my cheeks. I hear Tobin calling my name but I ignore her. 

She's broken my heart os many times and she does it again.  I don't even know why I keep forcing myself to be in a relationship with someone who will never love me like I love them.

I burst into tears as I stumble into my room. I close the door behind me and look at Kelley who caught me just before I hit the ground in more tears.

"Hey, hey, what happened?" Kelley asks as she cradles me in her arms.

"She... She doesn't love me Kels... She never loved me." I say in between sobs.

"Why? What happened?" Kelley asks as she grabs a tissue and wipes my tears away. 

"She was making out with... With Christen." I choke out.

"That bitch." Kelley muttered. She helped me up to my feet and she ran out the door.

*

Kelley's POV

I was furious. Alex was my best friend and she has been for years. And to see her heart get broken countless of times by the same person makes me angry.

I pounded on Christen's door and when Tobin opened it I shoved her against the wall hard.

"You bitch!" I say as I slap her in the face.

"Kelley, what the hell?" Tobin says, shocked at what I had just done.

"She loved you! She was going to fucking propose to you today!" I scream at her. "All you've ever done was break her heart over and over again! Why? What has she ever done to you? Why the hell do you keep hurting her?" I say as I keep her pressed against the wall.

"Say something damn it!" I say as Tobin stared back at me speechless.

"I'm sorry." She whispers.

"Why are you apologizing to me? All Alex has ever done to you is love you and give you everything and this is what you give to her in return? You fucking cheater!" I say as I punch her in the face and Tobin stumbles to the ground.

"That's enough, Kelley." Christen says.

I look at her but ignore her as I look back at Tobin. 

I pick her up from the collar of her shirt and punch her in the face again and again. Until she falls to the ground again. I kick her in the ribs and I hear Christen crying in the back.

"Kelley! Stop!" Christen says as she pushes me away. I look down at Tobin who's face was covered in blood. I looked down at my hands and ran out of the room. I walked back to Alex's room and she stared at me with wide eyes as she looked at my hands.

"What the hell did you do?" She asks as she stands up.

"She keeps hurting my best friend. I promise that won't happen again."

***

PLEASE READ

Sorry!!!!

Hey! I need your help!

I'm planning on writing another fanfic that isn't based on the USWNT.  And I'm kinda worried because really the only thing I write on here is USWNT. So... If I wrote something based on a TV show like Law & Order, Criminal Minds, or NCIS would you guys read it?
I'm starting to get into cop shows soo! Please state your opinion!

Thank you! And I hope you all had a wonderful holidays!