Chapter Fifty Seven

Tobin's POV

Today was the big day. The day I would finally be able to call Alex my wife and I was beyond excited. I have never felt so content with everything and it was an amazing feeling knowing that life was just being good to me.

I took a deep breath as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I wore a simple white dress that went down to my feet. I wore no shoes considering we were getting married on the beach.

"You ready?" I hear someone say. I turn around and see Christen in her light blue dress with a banquet of flowers in her hand.

"As I'll ever be." I say with a smile. I follow Christen outside where the ceremony was taking place. All the chairs were already filled with family and friends. Most of them were our teammates from the NWSL and USWNT and I loved seeing them all here.

Everyone took their seats when I showed up and I walked down the aisle and everyone smiled up at me. I looked around and saw my two best friends, Amy and Lauren with large smiles spread across their faces. They were so happy for me.

I continued walking down the aisle and stood in my position waiting for Alex to walk down the aisle. I wasn't sure who was walking down but either way, I couldn't wait to marry her.

Finally, everyone stood up and the typical bridal music began to play. I looked down the aisle and saw Alex with her hand locked with Jeri's. My eyes widened at the sight seeing how absolutely beautiful she looked.

Slowly, tears formed in my eyes as she walked down the aisle with Jeri and at every step she took, my heart pumped faster and faster.

I watched as Alex wrapped Jeri into a hug and finally I took Alex's hand and looked into the familiar pair of ocean blue eyes that I loved so dearly.

And so the wedding went on and before you know it, Amy's son, Ryan came over with the rings. I took Alex's and looked into her eyes.

"Alex, I promise to love you with every ounce of energy that I have. I promise that I'm going to be here to support you in anything and everything that you do. I promise that I won't run away, like the many times I've did before. I fought for you and your love for years and I finally won. That's what we do for the people we love, we fight for them and thank god I never stopped because I wouldn't be standing here if I had quit. I'm always going to be here for you, Alex. If you need a shoulder to lean on, a hand to hold, I'm going to be here. This love that we share is so rare and I am beyond thankful that I get to share this moment with you because I wouldn't want to share it with anyone else but you."

By then Alex had tears streaming down her cheek as I slipped the ring onto her ring finger.

*

Alex's POV

My heart was pounding so hard I could have sworn it was going to beat out of my chest. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand as I took Tobin's ring and looked into her beautiful brown eyes that I fell in love with. They were still the same warm and friendly eyes that I remember from back in high school.

"Tobin, we've been through hell and back together..." The audience let out a small laugh as I took a deep breath and continued.

"You're my world Tobin and I wouldn't want to enjoy life with anyone but you. I promise that I will love you until the end of time because the only person I love is you. I wouldn't have wanted to fall in love with anyone else but you because you make me so incredibly happy I never thought I would be happy again but I am and it's because of you. You've changed me for the better and from the start you were always there for me. When you walked into my life I had no idea that I was going to marry you but now, I am just so thankful that you happened to walk into my life because when you did, love walked into my life too. With all my heart and love I promise to make you just as happy as you make me. For years I didn't know that you were going to be the person I was going to marry. But, Tobin, love is blind, and it was you who opened my eyes."

I slip the ring onto her ring finger and together we both looked at the pastor.

"You may kiss the bride." He says with a smile. Tobin looked at me as she pulled me in for one of the most passionate kisses I was ever given.

We were finally married.

***

The epilogue comes out TOMORROW NIGHT and it will be the FINAL chapter of this story.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH