Chapter Forty

Get ready....

Alex's POV

What's the point. Not even my sister could help me. I was hopeless. There was nothing to look forward too. There was no one to love, no one to do life with. Nothing to do.

I didn't need help but Jeri and Kelley kept doing things that I didn't want to do. A therapist? I didn't need that. I didn't need any help, I just wanted to be alone.

It was late in the afternoon Jeri and Kelley were downstairs probably talking about me. I didn't need them talking behind my back because they say I have 'issues' but I don't. I just wanted to be alone.

For the first time since last week I got up and and walked downstairs. I went into the kitchen where Jeri and Kelley were.

"Alex? Is everything okay?" Jeri asks as she stands up.

"I'm going to get some air." I say without looking at any of them.

"Go ahead." Jeri says with a small smile. This would be the first time in a month since I left the house. I stepped out into the warm air and felt the sun against my skin.

It was very relaxing but it didn't make me feel any better.

I walked all over town not knowing where to go or if there was even a purpose to living. I lost the love of my life, the one person I truly loved.

She lied to me. She stabbed me in the back. Tobin ruined my life because I'm pretty sure all this time she wanted to make my life a living hell.

Since we lived in Jacksonville, Florida. I took a bus to New Berlin which was a few miles away from my beach house.

When I got there I walked across the Dames Point Bridge which went over a large body of water. I stared down and thought about my life.

Whenever I was happy bad things would happen to me. I can't even remember the last time I was truly happy for an extended period of time.

I wanted my life back, I wanted to be with Tobin and feel her lips on mine but that was never going to happen. She broke my heart numerous times.

I just wanted to be happy for once in my life without having bad things constantly happening to me. I wanted to be in peace with no one in my way. Nothing to stop me.

I gripped the railing of the bridge and I slowly made my way onto the other side of the bridge. I gripped the railing tightly with my hands and looked down at the body of water below me.

It would be a long fall but I knew it would only end my misery. I could be happy afterwards. I wouldn't have to get hurt again or ever. I would no longer have to be in pain.

*
Kelley's POV

I looked at the clock and Alex has been gone for two hours.

"Where is she?" I ask getting worried.

"She'll be fine. She could use some time out of the house." Jeri says.

"You think she's getting better?" I ask.

"I mean she left the house for the first time in months." Jeri says but I was still worried and I could tell she was too.

Then I checked my phone to track Alex's phone to see where she was.

"What are you doing?" Jeri asks.