Chapter Thirty Eight

Kelley's POV

Ever since Tobin and Alex's fight I haven't heard from Alex. Yes, we lived in her house together but I never saw her.

She used to respond when I knocked on her door but not anymore. I didn't know what she needed but I knew she needed help.

I knocked on Alex's door once again and there was no response, again. I let out a sigh as I grabbed a key for the door and opened it.

I looked inside her room and saw that it was absolutely a mess. Broken glass and picture frames scattered her room. But, there were no sign of her.

I walked into the bathroom that connected to her room and saw her sitting against the sink. It was my first time seeing her in two days and she seemed worse.

Her face was so sunk in. Her body was so skinny in a unhealthy way. Her long brown hair was a tangled mess. Her once ocean blue eyes seemed gray.

This wasn't the Alex Morgan I knew.

"Alex?" I say, kneeling down in front of her. She didn't even bother to look up. "C'mon let's get you cleaned up."

I extended my hand out and I was shocked that she even took my hand. I helped her take her clothes off and I didn't care. I've seen her naked before but now, she really needs my help.

My eyes widened when I saw how skinny she really was. I could clearly count the ribs on her body and she looked terrifying.

I looked away and helped her into the bathtub which I filled with warm water.

She got in but never said a word she hasn't even looked at me. This was her first time taking a bath in weeks and I was truly worried about her.

I washed her hair and her body and when  I was finished. I helped her out and wrapped her into a towel.

She dried off and I got her a clean set of clothes. She's been wearing the same thing for weeks and it was about time she changed into something else.

Afterwards, I brushed her hair and helped her downstairs into the kitchen. I made some soup and placed the bowl in front of her. She didn't move, she only stared.

"Alex, you have to eat." I say with a sigh but she didn't move.

Soon an hour passed and she didn't even touch her food. I let out another sigh as I dumped it into the sink. I helped her up to her room and helped her get into bed.

I started to pick up the broken picture frames and for the first time she spoke.

"Put that down." She said coldly.

"Alex, your room is a mess. I'm just trying to clean it up."

"I said put it down!" She yelled. I looked at her and set the broken picture frame on the ground. I left her room, shutting the door behind me.

I walked into the kitchen and sat at the kitchen table with tears rolling down my cheek.

All I wanted to do was help my best friend but I couldn't even do that. Then, I came up with an idea.

I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I came across her name.

"Hello?" She says on the other end of the line.

"Jeri, its Kelley."

"Kelley! I haven't heard from you in a while! How are you?" She asks happily.

"Jeri, I need you to come down to Florida." I say, ignoring her question.

"Why? What's wrong? Is everything okay?" She asks concerned.

"It's your sister."

"Jeni?" Jeri asks but I shake my head no even though she can't see me.

"It's Alex."

"I'm on my way." Jeri says and with that she hung up.

***

Haha I love you guys and honestly if I were to meet one of you I'd cry. you're comments crack me up all the time and awe I wish I knew y'all in person.

I'm Katie btw if you guys didn't know that and I'm 17. And y'know if you guys ever need someone to talk to I'm here for you all!

And yes I do have a life besides writing I used to play soccer before I tore my ACL so now I just pole vault in track and field because I hate running and it's fun.