Chapter Two

November

I can't believe that it's almost been a few months since Daniel and I have been done with each other. Of course I'm still in love with the boy; I'll always be in love with him.

Daniel is the only guy that still gives me butterflies at the age of 21. He was my first everything. My first kiss, my first boyfriend, and my first intimate lover. It's sad that we let long distance break out strong bond together.

I remember how I use to think he was the most annoying kid in California like it was yesterday. He was so dorky and always talked to me even when I would be the rudest person to him. I know that I still love him, I just hope he still loves me too.

"November, Daniel is downstairs for you!" My mother called out from downstairs.

What is he doing here at my home? I asked myself, placing my hair into a ponytail.

"I'm coming down, ma!" I said, slipping on my black and white house slippers.

I walked down the staircase quietly, trying not to make it seem like I was excited to see him even if though I really was.

"Hi, Daniel." I said, greeting him at the front door.

He smiled at me, showing those lovely white teeth of his. "Hey, V. I just came over to drop off the necklace that you left at Brielle's house yesterday. She didn't have time to bring it to you so I offered to."

"Oh, thanks." I said as he handed me the necklace. I noticed that it was the Tiffany and Co. necklace that he gave me Junior year. It was a heart shape necklace with mini diamonds on the front. The N representing November was laid across the heart in a light blue color.

"No problem," He said, shrugging his shoulders. "I'll see you later, peace."

I wanted to chase after him and embrace him into the biggest hug ever. Plant kisses all over her face and body and just tell him how much I love him and miss him. How much my life has changed without him being in it.

I wanted to do all these things. But instead, I sat there on my front porch staring at him leaving me looking like an idiot.

Carina

Sitting down on my bed was all I ever did lately. Craig was out with his friends and I had nothing to do on this Friday night. I thought about calling up some friends from school but I knew everyone was at KB's party. I couldn't possibly go for the fact that he likes me. I can't lie and say that he's unattractive but I am a taken soul.

"Maybe Brielle would be up to hanging out." I whispered to myself, getting my phone off of my nightstand.

"Hello, beautiful person. You have reached the voicemail of Brielle Perez. I'm sorry that I couldn't answer the phone at the moment but if you leave your name, number and a brief message I promise to get in touch with you. Have a wonderful day!"

Everyone just wants to send me to voicemail, huh? I thought to myself.

I decided to call Craig. I knew Chresanto, Jacob, Ray, and Daniel were probably together at some sports bar like they always are when they're together.

"Hello?" I said, hearing a bunch of hollering in the background.

"What's up, Carina?" He asked.

"Are you gonna come over tonight? I haven't seen you all day." I said, grabbing the remote from in the middle of my bed.

"I don't think that I can come. They boys and I are hanging out tonight."

I sighed. "You guys always hang out together! You can't just spend one night with me?"