Chapter Twelve

Darshay

My mom drove me to the doctors office early Tuesday morning before she went to work. I wanted to keep my pregnancy to myself at the moment before I tell anyone.

My mom insisted that she takes off of work and come with me but I just told her no. I didn't want anyone with me. My mood changes have been flipping around lately. One minute I want some attention and the next I just want to be left alone.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you, Shay Shay? It's not to long for me to call out."

"I'm sure, Mommy. I'll tell you about everything when you get home from work, okay?"

"Alright," She replied, sighing. "Go get checked up on my grand baby. I'll see you later."

I hopped out of the car and walked into the doctors office. Not to many people were here this morning which I was lucky for. I wanted to get this over with as soon as possible so I can quickly meet up with Jacob then head home to my comfy bed.

I greeted the nurse at the front desk and she gave me a form to fill out. I filled out all of my information and quickly turned it back in so that I could quickly be called.

I sat down and played on my phone until I heard this one infant cry right beside me. I slightly turned my head so that I could see what was happening but wouldn't look like I was staring.

The mother was indeed young. Probably in her middle teenage years. She couldn't possibly be a day over fifteen or sixteen.

"Your baby is adorable." I told her once she got her baby to sleep.

She smiled. "Thank you."

"Boy or girl?" I asked.

"Boy. His name is Kevin." She replied, showing me him.

"His is really adorable. Looks just like you! How old is he?"

"He'll be three months in just a couple of days. Time goes by way too fast."

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

"Fifteen."

Called it, she was young.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" She asked me.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Once you become pregnant, you'll spot out little things that all pregnant girls do."

"Hm, sounds interesting."

"A little I guess."

"If you don't mind me asking, how is it like being a mother?"

She sighed. "Being a mother in general is hard but being a young mother is even harder. Waking up at all hours of the night, making endless amount of bottles, buying clothes, food, toys, and appliances is all hard and that's not even half of it. I still have to worry about school and I have no help. My baby's dad wants nothing to do with him and my parents don't want anything to do with me. I'm the only one that I can depend on to help myself out with my baby."

"Wow, I never imagined it like that."

"Girl, me either! But, it happens. You just gotta do what you gotta do for your child."

"Do you even regret having him?"

"Not one day in my life. I wish that I would've waited until I was older and wiser to to have him though."

"Darshay Jones, Darshay Jones." The nurse called.

"That's me," I said, standing up and clutching onto my purse. "What's your name by the way?"