Chapter Ten

Chresanto

I woke up the next morning at eleven. Damn, I was sleep for a long ass time. I forgot that I told Lani I would wake back up and play with her. Damn, I felt bad because I promised her. Hopefully she won't be to mad at me. I'll play with her this morning.

I walked downstairs but it was silent. Usually Keke and Lani would be running around her screaming.

I grabbed a bowl of cereal and walked upstairs. Maybe Lani is with Keke in her room. I quietly opened the door and Keke was a sound sleep. This is so weird. I thought to myself.

I then knocked on Christy's door and waited patiently for her to unlock it.

"What's up?" She asked, jumping down on her bed.

"Have you seen Lani and Jamie? They weren't here when I woke up."

She shook her head no. "I just woke up a few minutes ago to go on my morning run."

"Maybe they went out," I said. "I'm tripping."

But something was telling me that I wasn't tripping. That Jamie and Lani didn't just go out, that something else is happening. I grabbed my phone and clicked on her contact name ready to call her.

"Hello, you have reached the voicemail of Jamie Miller, leave your name-"

I pressed the end button. The least she could've done was told me that her and our child went out somewhere.

I laid back down in my bed and turned the TV on. It wasn't even twelve yet so I just thought that I would chill out until one of the boys called so we can hang out, go to a bar or something.

Jacob

It was about four and the guys and I headed inside the local sports bar. We try to go here once a week just to catch up, talk, and have a beer or two.

"How may I help you gentlemen today?" The waitress asked as she came by our table.

"Yeah can you bring four Budlights just to start us off, please?" I asked.

"Sure, I'll be right back."

"So what's up with all of y'all?" Rayan said. "How are y'all and y'all girls."

Chresanto sucked his teeth. "Man, Jacob, your sister won't give me the time of day and Jamie, man she is going to be the death of me."

"I told you my sister is stubborn as hell, you're gonna have to go through a lot of work with her." I said.

"Brielle is a stubborn one." Craig said.

"Darshay is right behind her ass." I replied.

"Darshay, what? I've never known her to be too stubborn." Ray said.

The waitress came back with a bucket of Budlights. "Here y'all go." She said.

"Thank you." I said, slightly smiling.

I sipped on my beer. "She's need moody as hell lately, must be on her period."

"You know how that goes." Ray said, rolling his eyes.

"Boy, your girl is pregnant she ain't bleed once in nine months."

"Pregnant women are worse, bruh. She's always moody, one minute she wants me to rub her feet then the next she doesn't want to be touched. She doesn't even want to have sex!" Ray exclaimed.

"Yeah, you're right, Ray. By the sound of that, they do sound worse." Craig retorted.

"I swear I can't wait until this baby pops out of her in a few weeks." Ray sighed.