Chapter Five

Brielle

When I woke up in the morning, I first went to brush my teeth and wash my face. One thing I couldn't stand was a person who could wake up and use their phone without even washing the crust out their eyes or brushing their teeth. That morning breath ain't no joke! You might fuck around and break your phone screen with the breath. Shake my head, trife life.

I grabbed my phone and clicked the little button at the top to open my phone. I had several banners notify me about snapchats, messages, and calls that I received over night. I first checked my missed calls then took so funny selfies to send to people through snapchat. I checked my messages and the first one that popped up was from Chresanto.

He still has my number? I thought to myself. I thought about deleting it but something in my heart was telling me to read it.

"Hey Brielle. This is Chresanto just in case you delete my #. I just wanted to ask if you can come by tomorrow? I think we have some things to talk about.. Only if you're free. Goodnight." -Chresanto

What could we possibly have to talk about? I know that we didn't really settle things between us before I left and that there was a lot of tension between us but, does he still want to be on this subject after three years? I didn't think so but maybe he would. I don't think he deserves the benefit of talking to me. He's the reason why we're not on good terms and he wants to fix it now?

I dialed the 10 digits that came real familiar since I've been in college. One of my closest friends other than the ones I have here in California.

"Hello?" She answered, yawning in the phone.

"Kenya!" I yelled into the phone. "I miss you!"

"I miss you too, Brielle! How's everything going in California?" She said.

"Good, I love it here y'know? It's home. How's it back in New York?"

"Girl, you ain't missing anything! Same ol' same ol'."

I sighed. "Kenya, I need your advice?"

"What's up? You know you can tell me anything."

"I know. So one of my exes wants to talk to me about something. We haven't really talked since I've been here but last night he sent me a text saying he wants to talk. I don't think that he needs to talk to me though! Like what do we need to talk about?"

"He probably wants to talk about y'all," she said, munching on something in my ear. "And stop being so fucking stubborn, Brielle. Just talk to the poor guy."

"I'm not being stubborn! I'm just being cautious."

"Fuck your cautiousness, Bri. He just wants to talk to you. It's not like he's going to rape you or something. Unless he has a record for rape then be cautious but if he doesn't then chill out."

I sighed. "Alright, Kenya. I'll take your word because I look up to you like an older sister."

"You better take my word because it's only what's right. I have to go though. Have fun with your ex!" She yelled threw the phone, hanging up in my ear.

I slightly chuckled and sent Chresanto a quick text.

"Hey, sure we can talk.. Meet at your house? -Brielle

"Can you stop by at 12?" -Chresanto

"Yeah that's fine." -Brielle

I threw my phone on my bed and walked downstairs to make a quick breakfast. I pulled out a skillet, 2 eggs and a couple slices of bacon. I turned the stove on medium and cracked the eggs into the pan and stirred them until they were cooked. I think poured about 1/3 of vegetable oil and plopped the bacon in the pan and watched it sizzle. Once my food was done, I poured some orange juice in a cup and ate silently at the island with no distractions. No phone, no voices, nothing.