Chapter Twenty Four

Brielle

I grabbed my car keys and raced to the door, opening and closing it. I started up my car and hopped inside speeding down the street. My best friend from New York, Kenya, was here to spend a week with me in California. This was her first time being in California and I was excited to show her around and have fun with her. She's one of my only close friends that I have in New York.

"C'mon," I said, searching for Kenya inside of the airport. "Where is her big booty self at?"

I walked a little more down and spotted her at one of the many food shops I'm the airport. "Of course she is ordering some food."

"Kenya!" I screamed, trying to catch her attention.

"Brielle!" She exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

"I should've known you would be here getting some food. Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"Airplane food is too expensive for my budget. Five dollars for a bag of peanuts? These white people are crazy!" She yelled. "And my phone died before I even got on the plane. That damn charger of mine broke once again."

I giggled. "When you're done getting your food I'm going to take you to the apple store and buy you a charger. I told you to stop buying those chargers from the dollar store!"

"Apple chargers are too expensive. You got me fucked up from the floor up."

"You have red bottom heels but can't buy a thirty dollar charger shut up."

"Because red bottoms are well quality shoes. I done had like sixteen chargers now! Apple is setting a nigga up with these damn chargers."

"Stop being loud and ghetto, Kenya. All these people can here you."

"Girl I don't care about these damn people. They better catch a grip and hold the fuck on."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Now that you have your food can we go?"

"Yeah, you still paying for my charger, right?" She asked, munching on some fries.

"Yeah, I am. What do you want to do after?"

"Let's go to LA. I want to go shopping."

"Are you serious? We can really go."

"I mean, how far is LA from Santa Monica?"

"At most like thirty minutes. It's only twelve so we can go get your charger, drop your stuff off at my house, then be on the road by one."

"Sounds good."

"Alright , c'mon!" I said, pulling her arm. "I'm so excited!"

***

"So, you know I wouldn't be me if I didn't ask how you and Chresanto are doing." Kenya said.

"Yeah, you're right. You wouldn't be you," I said, laughing. "But we're just friends for now. I just got done with Christopher and I'm not looking for anything at the moment."

"I never liked Christopher's ass," Kenya said, flipping her tracks over her shoulder. "Ever since his ass came to New York for that one week her got on my fucking nerves."

I laughed. "Kenya, you cussed him out because he ate your cookies."

"You don't come to people's house and start eating their shit without asking. Ever since then I been told you that I got bad vibes from him."

"Yeah, I should've listened when you told me that."

"Are you getting over him?"

"I can actually say that I'm getting over him pretty quicky. I mean I do miss our memories but I don't miss him."