Chapter Thirty Five

Brielle

it's been a couple of weeks since we left Mexico. Today was July 27th; about two more weeks before I had to go back to New York to finish my senior year in college. I was excited to get back to New York and pursue my learning in childhood care. I was also excited to see my friends and be in a new environment, but I also didn't want to leave my friends and family back here. I feel like while I'm gone I'm missing so much of everyone's lives. I can't handle leaving them for so long but I know it's what I have to do.

"What you thinking about, lil sis?" Jacob asked, sitting across from me on the island in our kitchen.

I smirked. "That thirty five seconds really got you feeling some type of way, huh?"

"Don't act like you ain't know," Jacob said, pushing my shoulder. "But what you thinking about? You looked so depressed."

"I have to leave you guys in a few weeks," I said, barely above a whisper. "And I don't want to."

"It's alright, B. You've gone three years without us. You can do one more."

"You're right about that."

"You're a soldier. By time you blink your eyes you'll be back here with us."

"Your right. I want think about it too much anymore. Plus, I'll be back for all of the holidays and the birth of the baby."

"Yeah, if I have to drag you out here I will!"

I giggled. "Don't worry, I wouldn't miss the birth of my first niece or nephew for anything."

"Yeah, I can't wait until we find out what we're having."

"When do you find out?"

"Two more months I believe. She's only two and a half months."

"And her ass be complaining about pregnancy struggles," I laughed. "She doesn't even look like she's pregnant to me."

"I know! I swear she thinks she looks bigger than two damn watermelons."

"She's use to having a good body, Jake. I think that's why."

"Yeah, she'll get it back though. No worries."

"So, what are you guys planning on doing when the baby gets here?"

"Since we both have jobs, we were thinking about getting our own place together. We're gonna try to work as much as we can so we can have enough money to live off when the baby gets here since Darshay isn't going to go back to work for a couple of weeks when the baby is born. By then, we both should be graduated from college and on to our careers."

"That all sounds wonderful, except for the moving out part. It's gonna be different not living with you."

"I know, but being twenty one and still living in your moms house is not cute."

"I know! Damn, it's just now hitting me that we're really getting old."

"I know, I never thought that I would be having kids. Never."

"You know what would be cool? We should all buy one gigantic house. Me, you, Darshay, Chresanto, November, Tre, Daniel, Aniya, Carina, Craig, Ray, and Lola. We could all live in it and we'll be like a huge family! Wouldn't that be cool?"

"That would be pretty cool, but I don't think all of us should be living in a house together. That's too much of a mess, too much cooking, and too much sex noises every night."

"I guess I'm the only one not having sex in the group!"

"You must be! Everyone else is."

"Ya nasties!" I yelled.