Chapter Forty Four

Jacob

I was packing my bags getting ready to catch a plane to Mexico for the weekend. Since was my dad was pressuring me to come down there for the great job opportunity, I agreed to come see what it was really about. Of course, Darshay was mad as hell that I was even thinking about go to Mexico but, she'll get over it.

"Darshay!" I called.

"What, Jacob?" She yelled from the kitchen.

I shook my head. Four months pregnant, barely, this girl was for some reason always in the kitchen. I swear she was using her being pregnant as an excuse for her just being fat.

"Have you seen my ties?" I asked.

"I don't know, Jacob. Damn, why don't you look for them?"

I rolled my eyes. "Why'd I even ask?" I mumbled.

"I heard that." She said, walking in my room with a plate in her hand.

I stopped packing and pulled Darshay into my lap. "C'mon, Shay. Don't be like that." I said, kissing her neck.

"Being like what?" She asked.

"Having an attitude. You know I'm just doing this for our family, right? Soon enough, It'll be just you, me, and hopefully our future daughter or son. You got to understand, babe."

She sighed. "I'm trying to be understanding, Jacob. It's just that... I can't leave California. I'm too scared to leave. We don't know anyone in Mexico except for your father and his family, barely at that. I don't even know Spanish! What do you expect me to do all day? We can get both get good jobs up here and be happy, Jacob. I don't want to start over."

"All these opportunities that you're thinking of aren't guaranteed, Darshay. We can always come back during the holidays and stuff. People are only a phone call away. You can always take classes to learn Spanish. Shit, most people know English too! You can't be scared baby. You really gotta trust me on this one, okay?"

"Just go down there and see if you really, truly like it, Jacob. Okay?"

"I will," I said, kissing her lips. "I gotta get going before I'm late to the airport. C'mon so I can drop you off at home."

"You have everything, right?"

"Yeah."

"Do you want me to check and make sure?"

"No, Darshay. I'm a grown ass man. I know what I put and didn't put in my bag."

"Damn, are you the pregnant one?" She asked, giving me a stank face.

I laughed and grabbed her ass. "I love you."

"I love you more, Jacob."

"Not possible."

"Defiantly possible, Jakey."

I smirked. "Forever and always, right?" I held out my pinky.

"Forever and always."

Jamie

My life... where did it go? I had the most perfect life and I messed it up completely. I miss my baby girl, Lani but, I know she's happier with Chresanto. It was the right decision to give her up. I didn't want her dealing with this. She didn't deserve it all.

Small tears ran down my face as I stared at pictures of her on my beaten up phone. I can't believe that I made something this beautiful. That girl there, she was going to go far. Farther than I could ever go. Fifteen and pregnant wasn't a good look for me. Especially since my baby daddy was a senior and had a girlfriend. Now I'm eighteen and a complete druggie.