The "I" In Lie - part 2 (end)

After that night, you and Patrick kept seeing each other every so often, it's been like that for a few months. He met your son and the two of them were getting along. You loved him.

One morning, you two were lying in your bed, you were sleeping and he was awake. He was stroking your hair gently, "That's not right." He said under his breath, "Why am I doing this to Elisa? It feels good to be with you, but that's not right. You trust me...you shouldn't." He whispered again. He stood up and started to gather his things.
You woke up slowly and saw him putting his clothes on, "What are you doing?" You asked, not fully awake.
"I...I have to go. I'm sorry." He said then walked over to you and kissed you.

Patrick left your apartment and hopped in his car. He put his hands on his face and sighed, "What the fuck am I doing?" He exclaimed and looked at himself in the rear view mirror, he started the engine and left the parking lot. After a twenty minutes drive, he arrived in front of his house. He got out of the car and entered his house.

"Honey?" He called as he took off his jacket.
"In the living room." She called back.
He walked to the living room and saw her sitting on the floor with a baby, their baby.
"Where were you?" She asked as she stood up.
"I...was...at the recording studio." He lied, "I was stuck there all night, sorry." He walked toward his kid, picked him up and kissed his forehead.
She sighed and looked at her husband holding their son Declan. She looked at Patrick's hands, "Where's your ring?"
"I...I took it off to play guitar." He replied, still lying.
"You never take it off to play. There's something wrong Patrick. Why are you so distant like that, you're never home. Are you cheating on me?" She questioned.
"No, I'm not." He said.
"Patrick, stop lying, tell me the truth." She said as she became impatient.
He looked at his son in his arms and returned his gaze to her, "I..." He sighed, "I'm sorry. It's just lust...I guess, I hope it is."
Tears started to form in her eyes, "Are you kidding?"
He shook his head no and looked down at his kid who was looking at them with confuse eyes.
"How could you do this to me, to Declan?" She cried.
The baby turned his gaze to his mom when he heard his name.
"I'm so sorry." Was all he could say.
Elisa walked toward Patrick and took Declan out of her husband's arms. Patrick tried to put his hand on her upper arm but she step back, "Don't touch me!" She exclaimed, "Leave...leave this house. I don't want to see you ever again!" She said, anger in her voice.
"But.." He tried to say.
"No! Leave!" She screamed, tears in her eyes.

He left the house as she ordered him and got in his car. He took his phone out of his pocket and called you.

"Hey." He muttered.
"What's going on? You forgot something?" You asked.
"No. I need to talk to you." He said, looking down at his lap.
"Okay." You replied, confused, "Then come to my place."
"Alright. Thank you." Patrick said then ended the call and started driving to your apartment.

"What did you want to tell me?" You asked him as you opened the door of your apartment and let him enter it.
"I...I'm married." He blurted out.
"What?" You said, your eyebrows knitting in confusion.
"I'm married, I have a kid and I cheated on my wife with you. I'm so sorry."
You opened your mouth in shock.
"I thought it was just lust. But no, I love you, I love being with you, I loved everything that happens between us during those few months. I know you'll never want to be with me after this, and I completely understand. We got to put an end to this, I don't want to hurt you again." He said and walked closer to you.
"I trusted you. Why did you do this when you knew you were married?" You asked.
"Since the first time I saw you, I felt this thing for you. I love you. And I kept doing it because...you make me happy."
"But with your wife?"
"It was already complicated between her and I. We weren't getting along anymore, we thought the baby could save our relationship, but no. She kicked me out. She doesn't want to see me ever again." He explained, "I'm gonna find a place somewhere in Chicago, and leave you two be. I'm sorry for everything." He said then started to walk away.
You grabbed his hand and he turned back to you "Or you can stay here."
He looked at you, confused.
"I know what you did is not right. But I love you too. I love being with you too, I've never felt like this in such a long time." You confessed.
He walked closer to you and put his hands on your upper arms, "You forgive me?" He questioned.
You nodded your head and kissed him.
"But I'm a cheat." He retorted.
"You weren't happy anymore and you finally found what makes you happy. I shouldn't trust you but I do and I don't want to let you go." You said.
He took you in his arms and murmured in your hair, "Thank you."

A/N: sorry for the end, it's really bad