Happiness

A/N : Inspired by the song Happiness by The Fray.

I was in love, and I still am to be honest. There was this girl, the most beautiful, nice and just perfect girl ever. I loved her from the bottom of my heart and I thought she did too but one day she decided to break up. I didn't want that but I had to let her go. And it hurt, it hurt so much. She didn't call me during all this time and it's been about five months since I've last seen her and I miss her everyday.

I had the best moments of my life with her. Every touch, every kiss felt like a firework exploding in my stomach.

I was so happy with her but when she left, it destroyed me. It broke my faith in pieces. I thought I would never be able to trust someone again. I had enough of everything, but even though I felt like giving up on life, I kept going. I realized that we couldn't always be happy. We can't keep happiness with us forever. Happiness is like a firecracker, it was never meant to hold, if you do, it'll hurt you.

I tried to look for her, maybe she'd get me back. But it's not how things work. I let it go, I let happiness alone thinking that one day it'll come back and I'll be happy again. I lived my life, still thinking about this girl.

I woke up in my big bed, an empty space beside me. I got up and looked outside the window, seeing the cold winter sun already high in the sky, I must have slept in, as always. I walked in my kitchen, making some coffee and heard knocks on my door. I looked out the window of the kitchen and saw someone standing outside. I walked to the front door and opened it, letting the cold air enter my house. Then I looked up at the person and felt like dreaming. She came back. She had tears in her eyes and was mumbling things I couldn't understand, I was too shocked to even move, so I just stood there, looking at her with my mouth slightly open.

She sniffled and looked down at her feet, "I understand that you don't want me back. I hurt you. Bye."

Then she turned around and started leaving. I couldn't let her leave again, "No Y/N, please. Don't leave me again." I said, grabbing her arm.

She turned to face me and without thinking, I took her in my arms and those fireworks came back.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." She cried in my chest, "It was the biggest mistake I've ever done. It's just, you were always on tour and..."

I stroked her hair with my hand and shushed her, "It's okay." I pulled out of the embrace and placed my hands on her cheeks. I looked into her beautiful E/C eyes, "Really, it's okay. I love you so much, I don't fucking care you left for five months." I chuckled, "Now you're back and that's the most important for me"

"I don't know why I did that, maybe I had enough of seeing you leave for tour and all that stuff. That was stupid, I'm sorry." She said, looking at me in the eyes.

"It's okay." I murmured and pecked her lips, "Now let's go inside or we'll get sick." I placed my hand on the small of her back and led her inside.

And just like that, happiness came back to me and stayed by my side and never left me again.

Happiness, you can't make it come or go. Look for it and you'll never find it all. But let it go, live your life and leave it. Then one day, you'll wake up and it'll be home.