Someone Like You

A/N: sad imagine inspired by the song Someone Like You by Adele.

You walked in town, nothing special in your mind until you turned the corner and your eyes fell on a guy and it felt like time stopped. You didn't think you'd see him again. The man that was supposed to be the man of your life. The man you'll marry. The man you'll have kid with.

But here he was. Holding hands with a woman pushing a stroller. He was married. He moved on. Unlike you. It broke you when you saw his baby. He always said that it was his dream to have kids, to get married.

He took your hands in his as you two sat on the couch.

"We need to talk." He said, not looking up at you.

Your expression changed to worry. You opened your mouth to talk but he spoke up before you could.

"I-I found someone else."

And after that sentence you cried. You couldn't believe what he just said. You begged him to stay, to not leave you like this. But he did anyway and you never forgot about him and all the memories you made together.

After a time, you moved on a bit. Guess he wasn't the love of your life. You wish the best for him and tried to look for someone else even though you were sure you couldn't.

You walked passed him as you two looked at each other for a second. You saw in his eyes that he remembered. You felt like he knew it wasn't over for you.

You looked back in front of you as you bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry. I wasn't looking where..." You looked up at the person and it's like your heart stopped. A guy with beautiful blue eyes, wearing a cap and glasses was standing in front you, a smile on his face. You looked down, shyly and blushing a bit.

"No, it's me, sorry." And his voice, so perfect. He smiled at you one last time and walked away.

You started walking, slowly, still blushing. You felt hand on your upper arm. You turned around and he was there.

"Sorry for bothering you, but," He chuckled nervously, looking down then up at you, "I just...I don't know...I just think you're really pretty, and I-I felt this thing. And I wanted to know if you would like to go out one day." He looked at you, hope in his eyes.

You were surprised, couldn't believe it, "Uh, yeah!"

"Awesome!" He said, a big smile on his face, "sorry." He murmured, blushing.

You gave him your phone and he put his number in while you did the same with his phone. He gave you your phone back then took his and walked away, smiling like an idiot.

You looked at your phone in your hands and saw the name of the guy you just met written on the screen, Patrick.

You closed your eyes, sighed and whispered, "Nevermind, I'll find someone like you."