Snowball

Patrick's POV

Me, my girlfriend Y/N and some friend were spending Christmas Eve at my house. We were talking and laughing in the living room. I was sitting next to Y/N, my arm around her as she rested her head on my shoulder, and our friends sitting on the other side of the couch and on the two armchairs in front of us. The tv was playing a Christmas special of some show in the background.

"You guys want anything?" Pete asked as he stood up.

"Uh yeah, some drinks would be nice." Andy replied, followed by Joe asking for something to eat.

Pete started walking toward the kitchen and I stood up as well, "I'll help you."

"So, when are you going to ask her?" Pete asked me as he opened the fridge and took a few beers out of it.

I opened a cupboard and took a bag of chips, "Tonight, maybe." I said as I poured the chips into a bowl.

"That's awesome dude." He placed his hand on my shoulder.

I looked down and sighed nervously.

"Hey, don't stress. Everything's gonna be okay. I'm sure she'll say yes." He squeezed my shoulder lightly.

I looked up at him and smiled, "I hope so."

"Don't worry." He gave me a quick hug before leaving the kitchen.

I stayed in the kitchen for a little bit and looked out out the window. That's when I got an idea. I put the bowl on the counter and went in the bedroom, careful not to make a lot of sound and took the little box out of my bedside table. I walked in the hallway and opened the door slowly. I took the ring out of the box and grabbed some snow with my other hand. I put the ring in the snow and made a little ball. I closed the door and went back in the living room, the snowball in my hand.

"Hey, Y/N." I called and she turned her face to me. I throw the snowball on her.

"Patrick, no!" She exclaimed now covered in snow.

I walked in front of her as she was sweeping the snow off of her, still sitting on the couch. And then she saw the ring. She took it and tears formed in her eyes. I got on one knee in front of her and took her hands in mine.

Pete and the guys were looking at us with big smiles on their faces as their girlfriends -and wife- were crying.

Y/N stood up, covering her mouth with one hand as she was crying.

I chuckled, tears in my eyes, "Will you marry me?"

She nodded her head and I slid the ring on her finger. She threw her arms around me and I kissed her passionately as our friends were now cheering for us.