Roommates

A/N : Sorry if you don't like the name I chose for the guy.

Patrick's point of view

Me and Y/N have always been in a really good relationship. I've known her since high school. I really like her, in a friend way of course, I always knew that nothing special could happen between us two, she had all the boys she wanted and I guess she didn't want me since nothing happened between us. I didn't complain, I actually never wanted her as my girlfriend, she was just my best friend and I was happy with that. After high school we moved together in the same apartment, close to her university and about me? Well, I was in a band called Fall Out Boy. Since Y/N was a student in University she went to a lot of parties the weekends and brought back boys sometimes. I've never stepped in on her doing you know what with one of those guy...until that day.

It was a saturday night, just after one of my band's concert. Like every night I entered the apartment without knocking and that's when I saw her, on that guy's lap on the couch, naked.

I brought my hand to my eyes real fast and just stood there, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

I heard her gasp and say, "Patrick...You could have knocked."

"Well, since it's my apartment too. But I promise I didn't see anything. Well, I saw you were naked." I replied.

"Could you just...leave the room please." She told me.

"Oh yeah sure." I said as I started walking toward the corridor that led to our rooms, my hand still on my eyes. I bumped into the corner of the wall and I heard her chuckle.

"I'm sorry about that." She said to that guy.

"It's okay."

I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. After a few minutes, I heard knocks on the door. I stood up and opened the door to see Y/N, now dressed.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I should have brought him to my room." She said as she rubbed the back of her neck.

I placed my hand on her upper arm, "It's okay. Don't worry."

"I'm gonna get a shower right now and...he's on the couch, dressed of course, and...it'd be cool if you could just, sit with him and talk for a little bit. He's my boyfriend and it'd be awesome if you two could, you know, get along." She told me, smiling shyly.

"You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend."

"Oh yeah, I forgot sorry. We started dating like a week ago. He's a really nice guy. His name's Sara." She said, a big smile on her face, "Now I'm gonna go get a shower." She left and went into the bathroom.

I walked in the living room and sat next to Sara on the couch. He seemed really nice. He was tall, he had blue eyes and light brown hair, kind of red. It was pretty silent for a moment and really awkward.

After a few seconds I turned to him and extended my hand out, "Patrick."

He looked at me, smiled and shook my hand, "Sara." I smiled at him then he spoke up, "You have nothing to say about my name?" He asked me with a surprised look.

"No, why?" I asked, confused.

"Well, usually people make fun of me because, it's, you know, a girl name." He explained.

I looked at him and replied, "Oh no. I actually like your name, it's cool."

He smiled at me, "What do you do for living, she didn't tell me."

"I'm in a band." I replied.

"Oh cool. Uh..I work at a football stadium. I make sure that everyone is well seated and stuff." He told me.

"Oh great." Another awkward silence.

"So, you know her since when?" He asked.

"Since high school. We've been friends since then." I said, "And you?"

"Oh uh, just few weeks. We started dating a week ago." He replied. I could feel he was awkward, "And...nothing happened between you and Y/N?"

"No no, she's just a friend. Plus, she has all the boys she wants and I guess, she just doesn't want me." I replied, looking down at my lap.

"What do you mean, 'she has all the boys she wants'?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Well, she goes to a lot of parties and often brings back guys here." I said, now I was awkward. I think I made a mistake.

Y/N came in the room and sat next to Sara, he wrapped his arm around her waist and she kissed his cheek. I saw in Sara's eyes that something was wrong. I hope I didn't ruin their relationship.

A few days passed and everything seemed to go pretty well between Y/N and Sara. But...I was watching tv one night and Y/N entered the apartment, crying. She sat on the couch and kept crying without telling me anything or even looking at me. I scooted closer to her and took her in my arms. She threw her arms around me and cried on my shoulder.

"What happened?" I asked her as I rubbed her back.

"It's Sara..." Oh I think I fucked up, "He left me. He said that he didn't want to be with a girl just for sex, that someone told him that I often bring back boys to my apartment." Yep, I did fucked up, "I mean, yeah I used to do that but not since him. I really like him, a lot." What did I do? I'm such an asshole. I need to fix that real fast. I kept on comforting her all night, saying that everything will be okay and that he'll come back.

I decided to talk to Sara. There was a football game that week so I bought a ticket for me. Hopefully I'll see him there.

A few days passed and it was finally the day of the game. I took my car and drove there. I entered the stadium and immediately saw him. I tapped on his shoulder, he turned around and the smile he had on his face instantly faded away.

"Patrick." He sighed.

"Listen Sara, I know you don't want to see my face but it's about Y/N." I started, he looked at me without saying a word, "She likes you, a lot. And I know that she slept with a lot of guy before you but that's not a reason to leave her like that. I'm sorry I fucked up everything between you two. I shouldn't have told you that."

"She really likes me?"

"Yeah. She cried into my arms for hours after you left her. And she's probably still crying while thinking about you right now. So come on, please, take her back." I almost begged him.

He looked hesitant for a moment but then sighed, "Okay."

I threw my arms around him, "Thank you so much. She's gonna be so happy."

He patted my back. Yeah, I think that was awkward for him. I quickly pulled out of the embrace and rubbed my neck, "Sorry."

The day after, Sara talked to Y/N and they got back together. I've never seen her that happy. And it made me happy to see her like that. Oh and about Fall Out Boy? Well we became pretty famous now. Oh and I'm also married, to a beautiful woman called Elisa and I have two kids with her. Sara and Y/N are still together, yep, after like 15 years they're still together and they're expecting their first child. I'm so happy for them.

A/N : Yeah, you end up with that guy and not Patrick. Again, I'm sorry if you don't like the name of the guy. He was inspired to me by a French Youtuber. His name on Youtube is Saradine, so I used Sara in the imagine since his real name doesn't exist in English...well I think it doesn't.