A.I.

Patrick's POV

I sat on my bunk, my laptop on my lap. The bright light of the screen was illuminating my face as I was messaging this girl I had talked to for about a year.

It might sound weird but, I loved this girl even though I had never met her in real life. I had only seen pictures of her and we were able to see each other on skype a few times.

I remember when we met. One of my friends kept telling me to go on one of those dating apps. I only did it because of him, I didn't really trust these kinds of thing before. This one wasn't like Tinder or other dating apps like that, but it was the "fill that application kind of thing and an artificial intelligence will find your soulmate" kind of dating app. We started talking with that app and quickly became good friends. Then we sent each other pictures and I instantly fell in love. I think she did too because she sent me a blushing emoji and said I was really cute. It happened a Sunday. Then we started dating, somehow. We had never seen each other and we didn't know when we would actually meet for real but, we were a couple.

And I'll never forget when she gave me a cute nickname for the first time. The way she spelled my name like that was just adorable. I was her "Pattycakes".

But a year later, I was finally going to meet her in real life. I was doing a little US tour with my solo album and the city she lived in was one of the dates. It was so far from where I live.

I was really scared. I'd say I kind of have a fear of human interaction. Even though we had been talking for a year, I still felt so nervous.

Y/N's POV

I had been talking to this guy for a year now. He was so perfect. His name's Patrick but I call him Pattycakes.

We met through a dating app and I quickly became obsessed with him. I think it was a Monday.

It felt so cliché to fall in love with a guy that I had never met. I wanted to be with him so bad. I wanted to be able to touch him and kiss him. It's crazy that just through messages, with literally no emotions, he could really make my head spin.

Patrick's POV

I finally arrived in her city and I actually didn't tell her I was there.

I texted her, asking if she was going to the park like every other Saturdays and she said yes.

The bus stopped close to the park and I walked there. I felt like my heart had stopped beating when I saw her sitting on a bench, reading.

I made my way up to her and stood just beside the bench. She was so focused on her book that she didn't even see me.

"Hum, excuse me. Can I sit here?" I spoke up.

She completely froze, her gaze stuck on her book.

I chuckled nervously, "So?"

She slowly looked up and her face completely illuminated with happiness. She jumped up, almost throwing her book on the ground and engulfed me in a hug.

I stumbled backward, almost falling on the ground, and hugged her back.

She pulled out of the embrace after a few seconds and touched my arms, chest then neck. She bit her bottom lip while doing so, her eyes wandering all over my body before landing on my eyes. She chuckled as tears formed in her eyes, "You're so, too real."

"I am." I laughed, "You're so real too." I stroke her cheek and looked down at her lips, "Can I?"

She nodded her head eagerly and I gently pressed my lips to hers.

I've dreamt of this moment for so long and it finally became reality.

I'm so glad I let an artificial intelligence choose the woman I'll spend the rest of my life with.