Baby

A/N: Part1...maybe

"Bye guys, drive safely." Pete said as you and Patrick were leaving his house after spending the night there for dinner. Pete just had his first kid a few months ago and Patrick was so happy about it. Seeing him all smiley when holding Bronx made you realize how great of a dad he would be.

"Bronx is such a cute baby." Patrick spoke up once you two got in the car, "Oh man," he sighed, "I'd love to have a kid one day." He said, driving away from Pete's driveway.

"Yeah, me too." You muttered, looking down at your stomach. You've had doubts about being pregnants for a few weeks now, you were getting tired really early, had morning sickness and now you needed to find out if what you thought was true, "Can you stop at a pharmacy please?"

"Hum yeah, if there's one open. But, why?" He inquired, looking at you from the corner of his eyes.

"I need to get some stuff...for girls. And meds for headaches, the one we got doesn't work." You lied, playing with your hands.

"Oh okay."

After a few minutes, Patrick parked in front of a pharmacy and you two got out of the car and entered the store.

"I'm gonna get the things I need." You told him and left his sides.

Patrick walked up to the counter, "Hi, can you give me something for headaches, please?" The person behind the counter nodded their head and got in the back of the pharmacy.

You looked through the shelves, trying to find a pregnancy test. There were too many and you've never been in this situation before, you didn't know which one to get so you just took a few and walked over to Patrick. You placed the items on the counter and waited for the pharmacist to come back. Patrick looked down at the counter, his hands in his pockets, his eyes widened as he saw the little boxes on the counter, "You?" was all he could say.

"I don't know yet." You replied. Tears started to form in your eyes.

He took your shaky hands in his, "Hey, look at me." You looked up at him, "It's okay. It's actually amazing." He smiled.

"But we're not even married yet." You retorted.

"And? It doesn't matter. I don't need a ring to be sure of my feelings for you and I don't need a ring to be a dad. I'll take good care of that little thing." He said, putting a hand on your stomach.

You chuckled, "I don't know if I'm pregnant yet."

"I know." He sighed, looking down at your entwined hands, "But I hope you are."

The pharmacist soon came back and put the box of medicine, they looked at the pregnancy tests and smirked at you and Patrick, "You two would make really cute parents."

You and Patrick looked at each other, blushing.

****

"Should we take the test now or tomorrow morning?" You asked Patrick as you just got home.

"I don't know. Let's take one now then one in the morning to be sure."

You nodded and headed toward the bathroom, taking one of the tests with you. You followed the instructions and did what you needed to do. After five minutes of waiting on the couch with Patrick, you walked to the bathroom, holding his hand.

"Okay, you look first." You told him.

He took the stick lying on the counter of the bathroom then took a big breath before looking at it, "Oh my god." He said under his breath.

"What?" You inquired, your eyes widening and your grip on his hand tightening.

"It's positive." He looked at you, tears in his eyes and a smile spread across his face.

You looked at the test in his hand and saw the plus sign, "Wait wait wait." You said shakily, "You said I have to take one in the morning too. This one could say I'm not."

He placed a hand on your cheek and stroke it with his thumb, "Don't stress." He said, looking at you in the eyes, "I'm pretty sure that one will be positive again. And that's okay."

You nodded your head and swallowed the lump in your throat, "Okay." You sighed, "Let's go to bed then."

****

You were lying in bed with Patrick, awake and him still fast asleep, his arm resting on your stomach, his head next to your chest and one of his legs over yours. You barely slept that night, you wanted to be sure. Patrick's eyes fluttered open, "Good morning baby." He whispered, his voice still raspy from sleeping.

You ran your hand through his hair, "Good morning." You whispered back.

"I was talking to that baby." He said, rubbing your still pretty flat stomach.

"We're not sure yet." You chuckled.

"We are." He sat up on the bed, "The test was positive last night."

"I want to take another one. To be really sure." You looked at him in the eyes and placed your hand on his.

"Okay, fine." He sighed.

You got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to take another one and take a shower. Once your shower done, you took the test with you and walked into your bedroom where Patrick was still lying on the bed, "So?" He inquired.

You looked at the test, and, like the one you took the day before, this one was positive. You smiled, nodding your head and tears forming in your eyes. You crawled in bed next to Patrick and he took you in his arms, "Oh my god, yes! I'm gonna be a dad!" He exclaimed.

You smiled, tears now rolling down your cheeks, "We're gonna have a kid." You whispered in his neck.