If I Lose Myself

A/N: Inspired by the song If I Lose Myself by OneRepublic. (And also the real meaning behind it but it's kinda obvious when you listen to it)

Patrick's POV

I woke up with the sun shining in my face and a weird feeling building up inside of me. I looked out the window of the plane, the sun was starting to go down, it was 8pm.

Then suddenly, the lights started to tremble, the plane to shake violently. And every sound were muffled for me.

I looked around me, seeing all those faces, and saw Y/N, my girlfriend, next to me. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly.

I looked out the window again and saw the plane going down. All my life flashed before my eyes. All the people, places and things I've loved. In probably just a few seconds, everything will be washed out to sea.

I turned to Y/N who was crying and shaking my arm. I placed my hands on her cheeks and rested my forehead on hers. I looked into her eyes with my red and puffy ones.

"It's okay," I croaked out and she shook her head no. I made her look at me again, "If I lose myself tonight, it'll be by your side, and that's all I want."
"Patrick," She started, her voice shaking, "I love you." She kissed me on the lips and pulled out quickly after. She smiled at me, making me smile as well, and before I could tell her that I loved her, everything went black.