You're crashing, but you're no wave

A/N: Just a lil imagine based on the song. It's not that good but yeah, got some writers block.

Patrick's POV

That was it. Probably my last day on Earth. I've been accused of the murder of a woman. And I wasn't going to win this case. Why? You may ask. Because who would you believe between the boyfriend and the ex of the girl? The boyfriend, obviously. But I was her ex. And I didn't kill her, but nobody believed me because of this.

As soon as the D.A. entered the courtroom, I felt that it was over for me. I even read it in the newspaper. Everybody was against me.

The D.A finished his argument and all twelves jurors were on his side.

I hung my head low the all time. Letting a few tears roll down my cheeks. But I kept my gaze down as I heard a few sobs from women in the audience. Guess not everybody was against me after all.

The D.A cleared his throat, drawing my attention to him. I laid eyes on the man and felt like time had stopped. In that moment I wish I had enough money to have closed this case sooner. I glanced at the jury then at the lawyers. Both dressed in three pieces suits. The only difference was that one of them adorned a proud smile while the other, a frown. And the frowning one was my lawyer. He knew as well. But he wasn't sad because of the possible death of his client. No. He was sad because he was going to lose this case, which would probably ruin his future as a lawyer.

I glanced at the witnesses. All way too well dressed. Probably paid to say what the D.A and everyone else wanted to hear.

"In the above entitled actions, we find the defendant..."

Guilty.

"Guilty." The sound of his voice echoed in my head, completely covering the sound of him hitting the desk with his hammer. (A/N: Sorry, don't know what that is)

My head hung low as my lawyer squeezed my shoulder, as if to say he was sorry. I knew he was talking but I just couldn't hear his voice.

"Baby boy can't lift his headache head. Isn't it tragic?" Her boyfriend and murderer mocked me as he smirked.

Two cops grabbed my upper arms and handcuffed me before leading me away as I kept my gaze on the ground, slowly accepting my fate even though I know I wasn't guilty.