Still Into You

You slowly closed the door of your four year old boy after you just put him to bed. He was finally sleeping and you decided to head to your bedroom that you shared with your husband, Patrick. It has been years that you two have been together. You can't even count the years on one hand.

Even though you love each other, it's not easy every day. You've been fighting a lot recently and you just had a fight that night. Patrick went directly to bed, leaving you alone with your son for diner and the rest of the night.

You opened the door of your bedroom just enough to see Patrick lying in bed, his back facing your side of the bed. You entered the room and closed the door behind you. You crawled in bed next to him and got under the cover.

"Honey," You spoke up, knowing he wasn't sleeping and placed your hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged his shoulder reluctantly, making you move your hand away.

You looked down at your hand resting on the mattress, frowning. You sighed, "Patrick please, talk to me," He didn't say a thing. You got closer to him, sliding your arms around him. He tensed up under your touch as you were looking for his hands. You finally found them, resting not so far from his face and took his hands in yours. As your fingers were interlocked, you still felt the thing you felt the first time you two held hands. You chuckled against the back of his neck and he relaxed, "I'm sorry," You waited a moment before adding, "After all this time, I'm still into you."

Patrick moved his hand so his was on top of yours and brought it to his lips, pecking it, "I'm sorry for earlier." He murmured.

"It's okay," You hugged him tighter.

He turned around in your embrace so he was now facing you. He had a frown on his face as well and you could tell he has been crying, "It's not okay. I yelled at you, and Dec' was there. I probably scared him to death. And I know that what I said hurt you, I didn't mean a thing, I'm sorry," He placed his hand on your cheek.

You gave him a small smile and cuddled closer to him, your head now in his neck. He held you close to him, rubbing your back and resting his chin on the top of your head, "Remember the first time I met your mother?" You smiled against his skin.

He chuckled, remembering the night, and his chest vibrated against you, "I do."

*****

You got in the car of your boyfriend of a few months, Patrick, just after spending the night at his mother's house and meeting her for the first time. His mother was really nice to you, and you could see that she liked you.

After a fw minutes of driving, you looked at your entwined hands. Patrick was holding you hand with one hand as he was driving with the other.

You smiled and spoke up, "Hey, 'Trick."

"Yeah?" He responded, looking at you quickly before looking back to the road.

You hesitated a little and confessed, "I love you," You looked up to see him with a big smile spread across his face.

It was the first time that you said that to him, and the first time he told you that as well.

"I love you too." He brought your hand up to his lips and kissed your knuckles. He then reached for the radio and turned up the sound. And you two just sang along to the song coming on the radio for the rest of the drive.

*****

"Damn," Patrick chuckled, "When was that?" He smiled, "Like-"

"Thirteen years ago," You finished his sentence, smiling at him.

He smiled back and leaned closer to you, your nose touching and your foreheads resting against each others, "I should be over the butterflies after all this time. But no, I'm still into you." He said and that made you blush. He pecked your lips then look at you in the eyes, "Baby," He took your hand, "Not a day goes by that I'm not into you."

You looked down, blushing even more. He lifted your chin up so you were looking at him again and kissed you.