Last dance

Patrick's POV

Here I am again, sitting in the gymnasium's bleachers of my high school, starring at the waxed wooden floor in front of me.

"Hey, Patrick," My friend Joe called, bringing me back from the daze I've fallen into, "Gym's been over for like ten minutes. Everyone's already left," He walks toward me and stops in front of the bleachers, "You're okay?" He asks me with a concerned look.

"Yeah, yeah," I shake my head, "I was just thinking."

Joe walks up the bleachers and sits next to me, "Thinking about what?"

I keep my gaze glued to the ground, "Remember the slow they played at the school dance?"

Joe nods his head slowly in understanding, "Yeah, I do."

I turn my head to face him and smile a little, "It was the best one ever."

It was about six months before today. The school had organized a dance, like every year. And as always, I was alone for the night.

I sat in the bleachers and looked at crowd of people dancing in front of me. I looked around the room and spotted Y/N sitting in the bleachers on the other side of the room. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and waved.

I had a crush on her. She was just so perfect. She was funny, nice, intelligent and very pretty. I could never bring myself to ask her out. We were friends and looks like we could only be friends.

"Go get her,"

I turned my head to see Joe sitting next to me, a red cup in his hands, "What? Why."

"Well it's a dance, you know. You could, I don't know, ask her to dance," He said, raising his eyebrows a little.

I chuckled and shook my head as I looked down at my feet, "I-I can't do that."

"Of course you can," He said and nudged me, "Come on," He nodded his head to her.

I looked over at Y/N and she was still looking at me. I chuckled and sigh as I stood up. Y/N stood up too and we started walking toward each other.

"So, I don't know if it's a rhing you ask, but, do you want to dance?" I said as I was finally standing in front of her, in the middle of the crowd of couple that were dancing to the slow that just started playing.

"Well, since it's a dance, I would be glad to," She smiled.

I looked down, a bit ashamed and put my hands on her hips as she rested her arms on my shoulder, "So, you came here alone?" I asked as we swayed back and forth.

"I actually came with some friends but guess they prefer getting drunk," She chuckled.

I smiled, "I'm sorry,"

"Oh that's okay. What about you?" She asked.

"I came here with Joe, but you know, I don't think I'll dance a slow with him," I laughed, looking down.

When I looked up at Y/N, and that I stared in her eyes, it was like we were all alone. I slid my hands to the small of her back and brought her closer to me. The musicwas just perfect with that moment.

I looked down at her kips, then back to her eyes. She had that thing in them, it was like she wanted the same thing as me. She wanted me to kiss her.

We leaned closer to each other and I stayed there for a few seconds. I wanted to press my lips against hers and I was going to, but I was too late.

She quickly turned her head away from me when she heard the drunk laughs of her friends, who obviously had to much of the alcohol they brought.

She pulled away from the embrace, "I think they need to go get some rest," She laughed, "I'll drive them back. See you tomorrow at school?"

I nodded, "Yeah, of course," And she left, dragging her friends out of the gymnasium.

I still regret not kissing her. Because I will never be able to talk to her again. Why? Well, because that night, she wasn't the only one driving. After she brought her friends back to their houses, she drove to her own house but got into a car accident. The person that caused the accident was drunk, and they took away her life with their own.

I still remember this friday morning like it was yesterday. The principal coming into the classroom and telling us about what happened. I also remember running to the bathroom and locking myself in a stall to cry. I still miss her everyday and I hope she knows that I loved her.