You and I were fireworks - Part 2

A/N: Inspired by the "date/birthday" chapter of Seen (the app).

Y/F/N: Your friend's name.

Patrick's POV

I arrived at the park around six forty. Of course I was late, as always. I walked through the park and spotted Y/N sitting on a bench. I approached her slowly and sat next to her, "Hey."

She turned around quickly, her hand on her chest, "Oh my god Patrick. You scared me so much."

I looked down at my lap and muttered a sorry.

"So, do you wanna walk a bit or just stay there?" She smiled. Oh my god that smile.

"Oh, yeah of course." We stood up and started walking, "I have to tell you something. I didn't send the message yesterday. Pete did." I said, looking down but looked up at her again. She had a disappointed look on her face, "But I really wanted to go, don't worry." I stopped her and put a hand on her shoulder, "I'm such an idiot. I shouldn't have said that." I said under my breath, looking at my feet.

"Hey, it's totally okay Patrick." I met her eyes again, "I didn't write them either. I was with Y/F/N last night." She chuckled.

"Oh, okay." I laughed a little.

We started walking again and stopped in front of a food truck a few minutes later.

"Hey, want something?" Y/N asked me as she walked closer to the truck.

She took her wallet out of her purse but I stopped her, "I'll order."

She blushed slightly and asked me with a smile, "What are you going to order?"

"Two hot dogs?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

She nodded while smiling. This girl is so freaking cute.

After I ordered our food, we sat on a bench close to it and started eating while talking. She took a few bites of her hot dog and put sauce on the corner of her mouth. I took a napkin that the guy of the food truck gave us and wiped her cheek.

She laughed, "Why'd you do that?"

"You had...sauce." I replied, touching the corner of my mouth to show her where it was. I then took a bite of my hot dog.

She took the napkin on my lap and wiped my cheek, "You had sauce." I smiled then she wiped my lip, "And there too."

I blushed and looked down at my lap.

We finished eating just a few minutes later and walked through the park again. At one point, we found a guy playing guitar and stopped to watch him.

"He's great." Y/N spoke up.

"Yeah." I agreed, looking at her watching the guy play. The look on her face, she loved it so much. I wanted her to look at me like that.

The man started playing another song and Y/N turned to face me, I tried to act like I wasn't staring at her, "Oh this song's cool! Want to dance?" She smirked.

"I'm not a great dancer." I blushed and looked down.

"Come on, it'll be fun." She took my hand and we started to dance, or try to dance.

After a minute of just dancing like idiots, the song was nearing its end and I decided to make her spin. She then ended up really close to me, her hands on my chest. We both chuckled and blushed a little, "You were right, that was fun."

We walked to the entrance of the park and we were about to go our separate ways and tell each other goodbye when she saw a poster for a fireworks show that night, "Oh look. We should totally go! I know it's getting late, but please." She almost begged me.

"Yeah of course." I said and we entered the park again.

We walked closer to the park, where the show was taking place and sat on the grass. I lied on the ground next to her, still sitting. The reflection of the setting sun on the lake was just beautiful. I looked around me and saw couples sitting on the grass as well. They were holding hands, hugging and to be honest, I wanted that to happen to me too.

"There's so many couples tonight." She said, her hands on her lap.

I lied on my side, resting my head on my hand, I looked up at her, "Does it feel awkward?"

She glanced down at me and lied next to me, "Yeah, a little bit."

I looked down at our hands, just inches apart, "We can hold hands if you want." She muttered a yes and I placed my hand on top of hers. I slid my fingers around her hand and looked up to see her staring at me, the stars reflecting in her eyes.

"The stars are beautiful." I whispered.

"You're not even looking at the sky." She smiled.

"I can see them in your eyes." I said and even though it was dark, I could see she was blushing. At that moment, I don't know what happened inside of me but, I kissed her. I gently pressed my lips on hers and as if on cue, fireworks exploded in the sky as well as in my stomach. I pulled out of the kiss after a few seconds and rested my forehead against hers, "I've wanted this to happen for so long."

With a big smile on her face, she said, "Me too."

I moved my hands to her waist and started kissing her again.