Our Time Now

A/N: Inspired by the song Our Time Now by Plain White T's.

Y/E/C: Your eyes' color

"Stop staring at her and go talk to her." My friend Joe suddenly spoke up, his voice pulling me out of my daze.

I shook my head and turned over to him, "What?"

"I said, go talk to her. The next song is a slow dance, you should ask her." He told me then took a sip of his drink.

"She's never going to accept." I said, looking at the ground.

"You'll never know if you don't try."

I sighed, "But-"

"You hear this?" He cut me short. The slow song was starting. "Now, go ahead and ask her." He said and nudged my shoulder.

I looked at him awe, my eyebrows knitted together, I probably looked like a lost puppy.

"Come on." He pushed me toward her.

I stumbled and made my way through the crowd of people. I spotted her, I fixed my suit and took a deep breath before walking toward her, Come on dude, you can do this. You're friends, it'll be okay. I stopped in front of her and swallowed the lump in my throat, "Hey, hey. Hum...so..." I shook my head and looked down at my feet, great, I'm messing everything up. I looked up at her, she was smiling, her eyebrows raised like she was waiting for me to finish my sentence, "I-It's a dance you know, a-and uh...wanted to know if you wanted to...dance?" perfect, now she's going to say no.

"Yeah, of course."

"Wait what?" My head shot up, my gaze meeting her gorgeous Y/E/C eyes.

She chuckled, "I want to dance with you. You're a cute guy. I don't know why I would say no."

"Oh well." She extended her hand out and I took it with my really sweaty ones. She didn't seem to mind that.

I led her to the middle of the dance floor. I just stared at her for a few seconds, not knowing what to do and an anxious smile on my face. She took my hands and placed them on her hips then put her hands on my shoulders, his fingers playing with the hair on my neck, "You're a really pretty guy, Patrick."

I felt my cheeks heat up, I looked at the ground nervously, "You're really pretty too." I looked up at her and she was blushing.

She leaned closer to my ear, I could feel her breath hitting my skin. Before she could say something, the song suddenly changed to a faster one. She chuckled in my ear and said, "That homecoming is really boring, wanna have some fun?"

I looked at her, confused but before I could say something, she took my hand and led me out of the room. We wandered in the empty corridors for a few minutes, not letting go of each other's hand and left the building. After running around for what felt like hours , we sat under a tree behind the school. The stars were reflecting in her eyes and I could feel myself get lost into them. I felt the butterflies in my stomach as I leaned closer to her and closed my eyes. Our lips touched and it felt like fireworks were exploding in my entire body. I pulled out of the kiss after a few seconds and opened my eyes again. She had a big smile on her face and her cheeks were a deep shade of red, if I could see myself, I bet I was the same. I placed my hands on her hips and leaned in for another kiss.

Finally it was our time now, only her and I, under that tree. I'll remember that moment for all my life. The first time I kissed the love of my life. I could never thank Joe enough.