Angel

A/N: This imagine is inspired by a song, You Found Me by The Fray. Actually, it was more inspired by the video than by the song itself. Anyway, I hope you'll like it.

The screeching of the car's tires echoed through the almost completely deserted streets of Chicago at night as it tried to avoid the person walking on the crosswalk.

Patrick woke up with a start in the middle of the road. People were surrounding him, they all looked so scared. One of them was dressed as a paramedic and was giving him CPR. Patrick put his hands on the guy's arms to stop him, "What are you doing? Stop, I'm fine." Nobody seemed to hear him.

"They don't hear you." A voice said.

Patrick looked around him and saw a tall man who was smoking a cigarette and leaning on a lamppost. He was wearing a black coat. Patrick looked at him with confused eyes.

"Come on now. Stand up." The man said.

"I can't. He's bending over me." Patrick replied.

"It doesn't mean that you can't move." The man remarked as he blew the smoke of his cigarette.

Patrick turned his head toward the person in front of him and tried to sit then stood up. It was like he was standing inside the man who was bending over him. He looked down at the ground and saw himself. His eyes were closed, blood was covering the top of his head and his body, his skin was pale. Patrick looked back at the tall man on the side of the road, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion and terror. He step forward a little bit then stopped.

"Am I...dead?" He asked, his voice shaking.

The man nodded, "This paramedic is going to give you a CPR during another two minutes then he'll bring you in the ambulance and drive you to the hospital while trying to save you again, without success. You'll be declared dead at midnight twenty seven." The man stepped closer to Patrick and threw his cigarette end on the ground. He placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry."

After a few seconds, Patrick looked up at the man and asked, "What are you? God?".

"No, I'm like an angel. Everyone here has an angel to look after them." He replied.

"To look after them? Are you serious?" Patrick almost screamed as he stepped back, "So you were looking after me during all that time. When everything was falling part?"

"I couldn't do anything for Y/N or your depression, Patrick." He confessed.

"What do you mean?" Patrick inquired, more calm.

"We're only there to make sure everything is going as planned. Your depression, Y/N leaving you for this man and even your death were a fixed point in time." The man said.

Patrick sat on the sidewalk and pull his knees up to his chest and hid his face between them. He was thinking about you, about all of this. The man sat next to him and placed his hand on Patrick's back, "Do you want to see her?"

Patrick looked up at the man and nodded, "Yes."

Suddenly the two men arrived in a living room. They were standing behind a couch. A girl entered the room and sat on it. She took her phone out of her pocket an dialed a number.

"It's her." Patrick mumbled.

"This is the day after your death. She didn't know what happened yet and tried to call you, but you didn't answer, of course. She then called Pete and that's when he told her." The man explained.

You started crying and a man ran into the room and stopped when he saw you. He said something but no sound was coming out of his mouth. You looked up at him and talked too. The man walked toward you and took you in his arms.

"You'll see her soon." The tall man said to Patrick.

Patrick looked up at him, his eyebrows knitting in confusion, "What?"

"She still loved you. Deep down inside of her, she still did. That news completely destroyed her, she realized that she couln't live without you. About two weeks after your death, she'll take her own life." He said.

"No. Please tell her angel to save her. She can't do that. She has to live." Patrick said, tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry but this how things were planned. Her angel can do nothing about that."

Patrick sighed and wiped the tears that were rolling down his face.

"It's time to go now." The man said. He placed his hand on Patrick's shoulder and they appeared in a staircase in a completely white place. Like the place, their clothes were now white.

"Welcome to heaven. Well, to your heaven, it's like a really big house, I guess. All your friends and family will come here when they'll die." He explained.

Patrick nodded and walked down the stairs with the man.

"She's going to be here really soon, I'll leave you alone with her." He said then started to walk away, "Wait, I forgot something." He said and turned back to Patrick, "My time as angel is over and I'll serve you in your family in there. My name's Isaac." He smiled and dissapeared in another room.

Patrick waited in front of the stairs during a few minutes then you appeared on top of them. His face lit up when he saw you and you ran down the stairs and into his arms. He placed a hand on your back and the other in your hair, "I missed you so much." He murmured in your hair. He pulled out of the embrace and you started crying, "Hey, don't cry. You're okay now." He looked at you in the eyes and stroke your cheek. He took you in his arms again and kissed your cheek, "It's okay. I'm here. I won't leave you again." He whispered.