Let's get married for a week - Monday

A/N: So this is going to be a new series of (short) imagines, I'll try to post one every day but I go back to school tomorrow so I promise nothing.

It all started a Saturday night. When Y/N and her best friend Patrick went to a bar with some friends.

"I dare you guys to get married for a week." Their friend Pete said at one point during the night and took a sip of the beer he had in his hand.

"What?" Y/N and Patrick said at the same time, confusion obvious in their voice.

"I mean, look at you guys. You're always together, it's like you're already a couple." Pete explained.

"We're not always together." She interjected, looking down at her drink, blushing slightly.

Patrick glanced at her with that same look he always has when looking his best friend, one full a feeling that he didn't want to admit he had. And for some reason, what she said hurt him a little, even though he knew it shouldn't have.

"Come on," Pete's voice drew his friend's attentions back to him, "Just live together for a week and do couple things. Like going out on dates and stuff like that. And at the end of the week, we'll see what happen." He raised his eyebrows and smirked at them.

"No thanks," Patrick replied then sipped at his drink, looking away from his friends.

Y/N glanced up at him, a bit disappointed of what her best friend just said.

Later that night, Y/N was driving Patrick back to his apartment.

"You know, I was thinking about what Pete said earlier," He started, scratching the back of his neck.

"Uh yeah," She murmured.

"Well, I was thinking, we could actually do it," He rambled.

"What?" Y/N glanced at Patrick quickly, surprised by what he just told her.

"I mean, we could just do it lie that," He paused for a few seconds, "We've been friends for years. If something had to happen between, it would have already happened, don't you think?" He stared at her, waiting for a response.

"Uh, yeah," She shook her head, keeping her gaze on the road, "So, just for fun then?"

"Yeah, just for fun." He repeated as if to convince himself that he didn't want to do it for another reason.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived in front of Patrick's apartment building.

"So, I'll pick you up Monday?" Patrick said as he opened the door of the car.

"Yeah, my shift ends at six pm. Come at eight?" Y/N explained, looking up at Patrick as he got out of the car.

Patrick stood in front of the open door and bent down to be eyes level with his friend, "Okay, I'll be there." He smiled and closed the door before walking to his apartment.

Monday night

Patrick picked up Y/N at eight pm, as promised. He drove her back to his apartment.

"So, it starts now, right?" Patrick said as he pushed the door to his apartment open, letting Y/N enter first.

"Yeah." She chuckled, stepping in.

"Make yourself at home," He said as he started to walk to the kitchen. He stopped in his track and turned, "Well, in a way, it's already your home, so, yeah," He felt nervous for some reason, and he didn't understand why. He walked into the kitchen as Y/N sat on the couch but reappeared in the living room quickly after he left it, "I wanted to make dinner, but I haven't done the groceries in like a week and everything's expired," He chuckled, embarrassed, and Y/N laughed, "Hey, don't laugh."

"Sorry," She apologized as she calmed herself.

"Take-out?" He proposed.

"Yeah." Y/N nodded her head and Patrick sat on the couch next to her to order a pizza.

The night went on like any other "friends night". But then came the time to go to bed.

"So, the bedroom," Patrick said as he opened the door, "I guess we have to sleep in the same bed."

"Yep," Y/N replied, "I didn't think it would be that awkward."

"I know right," He turned to face her, "But it's still fun." He paused for a moment and added, "I'm gonna go take a shower, so like that you can change without me in the room."

Y/N murmured a thank you and Patrick left the room. He was back a few minutes later and Y/N was already in bed.

Her breath caught in her throat as she saw him only in his boxers and a t-shirt. She never thought that seeing her best friend in his underwear would have that effect on her.

He crawled in next to her and stared at the ceiling, his hands resting on his chest, "This is weird." He chuckled.

"It is," Y/N replied as she turned to face him.

"Do you think that cuddling will make it less awkward? I mean, it's a couple thing." Patrick said, hoping deep inside of him that she'll say yes.

But Y/N shook her head, "Eh, I don't think so." She said against her will. There was a part of her that really wanted to say yes, but she couldn't bring herself to say it.

"You're right, okay," Patrick said, hiding the fact that her reply hurt him a little.

They turned away from each other. Blaming themselves for being awkward and distant as if it was the first time that they talked to each other. And then they quickly fell asleep, thinking about what could happen at the end of this week.