This is how I feel

A/N: I've been watching a lot of Parks and Recreation lately and this is inspired by that one scene (spoiler) whn they decide to get back together at the lil park...tbh it's kinda that scene.

A few months ago, a new guy, Patrick, entered your Department of the company you work for. He was your boss, even though he wasn't the boss of the Department itself. You two worked together most of the times and quickly became friends, before dating each other.

But the thing is, your boss didn't want coworkers to have romantic relationships.

You two hid your relationship from everyone else at work, but it wasn't that easy.

Some of your coworkers found out and you were scared that your boss will find out as well.

That's why you decided to break up. More you to be honest. You thought it was the best thing to do to save you guys' jobs.

During those few weeks after your break up,  Patrick grew more distant. You asked him a few times what was wrong, and he always said everything was fine. So you kept trying to talk to him and make this friendship work.

Until the day, he confronted you about this.

"Listen," He started, his hands in his pocket, "I can't do this thing anymore." You looked at him, confused, "I can't keep seeing you."

"Why?"

"I still have feelings for you, and this friendship thing, it bums me out." He explained. You could see how hurt he was. "I got offered a new post in another Department. I think I'll accept."

"But why? We won't be able to see each other." You said, feeling tears well up in your eyes.

"And that's why I want to accept. I mean," He sighed and looked down before looking up at you, "I can't just be friends you, and we can't be together too. You'd lose your job and I'd lose mine."

You accepted his decision. And it really made you think about all of this.

Later that day, after work, you waited outside in the cold winter air for Patrick. He left work about thirty minutes later.

He opened the front door of the building, stepped outside and walked past you.

"Hey, Patrick." You called but he didn't acknowledge you. You followed him and grabbed his arm before he could reach his car, "Hey."

"What?" He spun around, "I thought I was pretty clear earlier."

"You were. And it really upset me, to be honest,"  His expression now completely changed, he looked hurt, "I wanted to explain myself too."

He nodded, "Go on."

"Thank you," You muttered, "I'm sorry I acted like I acted. I'm sorry I wanted to do this friendship thing and that I didn't understand when you started to get distant."

"It's okay," He whispered, keeping his gaze on the ground.

"If you don't want to have any more contact with me, I understand." You told him as you kept your gaze on him.

His head shot up, "Trust me, that's not what I want, at all. But I think it's for the best." He looked you in the eyes.

"Alright."

He nodded his head and smiled sadly. He opened his car door.

"But there's something else," You blurted out before he got in his car.

He held the door open and looked at you, waiting for what you had to say.

You looked away, tears forming in your eyes, "We could just say screw it."

"What?" He muttered, his eyebrows knit together.

"I miss you so much. And-and I think about you all the time. I just," You sighed and bit your lower lip, "I wanna be with you."

"But our jobs. We'd have to tell the boss, we could lose our jobs, it'd probably ruin our careers." He said, his mouth slightly agape.

"I know," You replied, "But I know what I want. I want to be with you and spend the rest of my life with you. I love you." You confessed.

He looked at you in disbelief, not knowing what to do.

"So this is how I feel. How do you feel?" You asked him.

He looked at you for a few seconds without doing anything. Then suddenly stepped closer and crashed his lips on yours. He tangled his hand in your hair as he kissed you.

He pulled out of the embrace after a few seconds and looked at you in the eyes, a little breathless, "This is how I feel."