The guy dressed as a raccoon

A/N: So first, happy new year's eve and happy new year!! AND, I know his costume on the pic doesn't look like a raccoon but I've seen other from this photoshoot and the head looks like a one.

Patrick's POV

My best friend Pete had invited me to a New Year's Eve party and to be honest, I didn't want to go. I hesitated a lot before saying yes. I am not a really outgoing guy. I'm pretty much shy and self-conscious and the fact that we had to come in costume didn't make me want to come, but I wasn't going to spend my new year's eve alone in my apartment.

I arrived at his house at ten pm, dressed in a costume of a raccoon that I rented just a few hours before, the head of it under my arm. The party started almost an hour before I arrived -thanks traffic, I didn't have to spend more time with people I didn't know- the music was loud and people were already drunk.

"Hey, Patrick! I thought you'd never come." Pete exclaimed over the loud music as I entered the kitchen. He was dressed in the same kind of costume as me, but his was a bear.

"I wouldn't miss that." I muttered.

"Have some fun, dude. Talk to people, drink. I'll be in the living room." He patted my shoulder and left the room.

I stayed in the kitchen for most of the party drinking and eating some stuff that were on the counter. When midnight was getting close, I put the head of my costume on and went into the living room. I stood there, not wanting to talk or dance with anybody. I decided to go back to the kitchen, where it was more calm.

I turned around and bumped into a girl, "Oh my god. I'm so sorry." I said, my voice muffled by the costume.

"It's okay." She laughed, and surprisingly, she didn't sound or look drunk.

We both walked to the kitchen and reached for a drink at the same time. She chuckled lightly and I blushed under my costume. This girl was really cute.

We talked for a bit and I didn't take off the head of the costume during all this time. It looked like she liked me, I didn't want to ruin everything by showing my face.

Just a few minutes were left until midnight so we went to the living room again. Everyone cheered when it was midnight and the girl faced me and kissed the head of the costume on the nose, "Happy new year mister raccoon." And then disappeared in the crowd of people before I could say something.

Pete placed his hand on my shoulder, making me jump, "Getting close to Y/N as I see." He chuckled.

"You know her?"

"Yeah, she's a nice girl." He replied, "But you better go talk to her right now if you don't want her to know you as 'the guy dressed as a raccoon' for the rest of her life. She's leaving." He motioned to the front door where she was standing, saying goodbye to some people.

"But you said you knew her." I exclaimed.

"Yeah, like the friend of a friend. I only talked to her a few times." He replied.

I sighed and ran after her. I got out of the house and saw her walking to a car stopped on the sidewalk, "Hey." I called, taking off the head of the costume, "I just...I'm Patrick."

"I prefered mister raccoon." She smiled.

I blushed and looked down at my feet.

"I'm Y/N, by the way."

"Yeah, Pete told me." I looked up at her. There you go, an awkward silence.

She looked over her shoulder at the car then at me, "Hum, do you want to go to my place?" She said, showing the taxi with her thumb.

I opened my mouth, not knowing what to say. Of course I wanted to go. Come on Patrick, be brave for once.

She took my wrist and dragged me in the back of the car with her, "You're so cute."

A/N: Part 2 maybe?...with bad written smut or something like that?