A teenage vow in a parking lot

Today was your last day in Glenview. In the next morning, you and your family were going to move to New York. You were just seventeen and didn't want to leave your friends and all the memories you had there, but you had to so you decided to spend your last day in Illinois with your best friend Patrick.

You met him at a park close to your house in the end of the morning. He was sitting on a bench. With the stick he had in his hand he was tracing patterns on the dusty ground.
You sat next to him, "Hey."
He look up at you, smiled and said "Hi." He looked back down, looking at the stick moving the dust on the ground, "So, it's your last day here."
"Yep." You replied and your smile slowly faded away.
He turned his head to you again, "When are you leaving?."
"Early in the morning. We already packed everything." You answered.
Patrick sighed and after a few seconds in silent, he stood up in a jump and went in front of you, "Well, ready to have some fun now? Till  tonight do us part." He said, smiling and extended is hand out.
You took his hand and stood up.

You spend the rest of your day with Patrick. You drove to Chicago and ate lunch at a fast food, then bought ice creams and walked in the city. All day, Patrick kept telling you how much he loved this city. He was always amazed by everything he saw. He made you visit some places you've never went before like the Museum of Science and Industry.

As you two were walking up the stairs of the Museum, Patrick told you, "I can't believe you've never been there before. You really have to see it before you leave Illinois."
You just smiled at him then entered the building.
Once inside the Museum, Patrick was like a little kid, his face lit up with excitement and he looked at you with a big smile, "Isn't it cool Y/N?"
You laughed and replied, "Yeah it is."
He took your hand and led you into the Museum.

After you two visited the Museum, you decided to go to Reckless Records to buy some vinyls.
Patrick managed to find a vinyl of Elvis Costello he didn't have and you bought one of your favorite artist.
You left the shop and it was getting late, the sun was beginning to set. You walked to his car and got in it, putting your bags on the back seats.
"Where do you want to go now?" He asked you.
"I don't know. We could go eat somewhere, maybe?" You said as your eyebrows furrowed together in a manner to convince him.
"Yeah, of course." He replied then started the engine and drove to a restaurant.

After the dinner, you got in his car in the parking lot of the restaurant and stayed there in silence.
"I'm gonna miss you so much." He said. You could see tears starting to form in his eyes. You looked at him, smiling but with sadness in your eyes, "I'm gonna miss you too."
You looked at each other for a moment then he took you in his arms. You heard him sniffle and asked, "Are you crying?"
"No, I'm not." He whimpered in your hair.
You smiled and pulled out of the embrace. Patrick turned to the steering wheel and wiped the tears that were rolling down his cheeks with the back of his hand and tried to make the most serious face he could to show he wasn't crying but you could see he was because his eyes were red. You smiled and said, "Remember this morning? You said 'until tonight do us part'."
He looked at you, his eyes still red from crying and nodded, "Yeah?"
"Well, let's make another, like, promise. Until death do us part." You said and extended your pinky. He entwined his pinky with yours and repeated, "Until death do us part."
You looked at each other in the eyes and he leaned closer to you, his lips pressing against yours. You kissed back and he placed his hand on your cheek and deepened the kiss. He broke the kiss and mumbled once again against your lips, "Until death do us part."