Bed time

A/N: In that imagine Declan is 4 years old. Since idk whether his second child is a girl or boy, I won't really talk about them.

Patrick was coming back home from tour that night. It was already late at night and the kids were sleeping.

You heard the door of the house open and someone stepping in. You stood up from the couch and walked in the hall to find Patrick. You smiled at him. He put his bags on the floor, closed the door and took you in his arms, "Oh I missed you so much." He says, his voice muffled by your hair.
You pulled out of the embrace and placed your hands on his shoulder, "I missed you so much too." You kissed him on the lips and move your hands to the back of his head and neck. He placed his hands on your hips, not breaking the kiss.

"Daddy?" You heard a little voice say.
You glanced over your shoulder to see your four year old son, Declan.
Patrick looked down and smiled when he saw him, "Hey buddy." He said as he walked toward Declan and picked him up, "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping right now?"
The little boy shook his head no.
"Oh yeah you are." Patrick said with a big smile on his face, "Do you want me to read you a story?"
Declan nodded his head energetically, a smile appearing on his face too.
Patrick turned to you, "Let the bags here. I'll unpack everything in the morning."
"No, it's okay. I'll start now." You responded.
Patrick shrugged, "Okay. Thanks honey." He then walked upstairs and into Declan's room. He laid him in his bed and put the cover on top of him.

You took one of Patrick's bag and made your way to your room. You placed the bag on the floor in front of the drawer and started to put his cloths back in it.

After about twenty minutes after you finished unpacking his things, Patrick was still in Declan's room. You thought it would have been faster for him to make Declan fall asleep but apparently no, so you stayed in bed a little bit more, still waiting for Patrick to come. Ten minutes passed and he still wasn't in bed with you. You decided to go check on them and walked quietly in the corridor and stopped in front of Declan's room. Patrick was lying, asleep, in the little bed, a book on his lap and Declan clutching at his arm.

You smiled at the sight of the two of them and walked toward Patrick. You nudged his shoulder gently and whispered his name. He opened his eyes slowly and looked around the room then looked up at you, "Hey." He whispered back.
"You want to stay in there with him or go in bed with me?" You asked him, smiling.
He looked at Declan sleeping on his arm and stroke his hair with his free hand, "I'll come with you." He stood up, making sure to not wake the little boy. He placed the covers over him again and kissed the top of his head, "Goodnight buddy."

You went in bed with Patrick and cuddled with him. You were resting your head on his shoulder as he was playing with the tip of your hair and rubbing your back at the same time. You two cuddled like this until you fell asleep.