Fourth Of July

A/N: Started writing an imagine based on the song but it was kinda sad so I decided to do something cute instead. I'm gonna use Patrick's kids' names so don't get mad.

"Got everything?" Patrick asked you as he stepped into the kitchen, holding your younger son, Antero.

"Yeah, I put some juices in the cooler and I made the sandwiches," You told him while putting the cooler down in front of him, "Where's Declan?"

"Tried to give him some help to put his shoes on but he didn't want it," He chuckled, "He's trying to put them on by himself in the hallway."

You sighed while looking down and shook your head playfully, "This boy," You walked past Patrick, "Can you put that in the car while I help him?" You pointed to the cooler and walked into the hallway.

Patrick picked up the cooler with his free hand and walked to the car. He put it down in front of the car and opened the door to sit Antero.

"We're going to the lake to watch fireworks," He said as he buckled the one-year-old boy. He looked up at his son with a smile on his face, "Are you happy?"

"Yeah!" The little boy replied as he waved his arms around.

"That's awesome, right?" Patrick asked and Antero just nodded his head eagerly as an answer. Patrick turned around to pick up the cooler and saw you stepping outside with Declan following you. He put the cooler in the truck as you locked the door. You picked up Declan and walked to the car to put him in his car seat.

It was the middle of the afternoon and you and Patrick had decided to go spend the afternoon and night at Lake Michigan for the Fourth of July.

Once you guys arrived at a park on Lake Michigan, you placed your things on the grass, a few feet away from the water. You laid a blanket on the ground and sat down.

You, Patrick and the kids played for a little while.

"Mom!" Declan called, "I'm hungry," He whined.

You chuckled and sat on the blanket, "You want your sandwich?"

The little boy nodded and sat next to you.

"Did I hear sandwich?" Patrick said, turning his face to you.

He was sitting on the grass with Antro sitting in front of him, picking at the grass. You nodded to him and he stood and walked to you. Antero looked up at his dad, he brought his arms up and made grabby hands, as if to ask him to carry him.

"I'm not that far, bud. Come," Patrick told him.

The toddler pushed himself up and stumbled to you and Patrick. He fell on his knees in front of you and giggled.

You took the juices and food out of the cooler and gave them to the boys. Declan and Antero were eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

A few hours later, the sun had finally set and the fireworks show was going to start. Antero was sitting on your lap and Declan on Patrick's. Once the show had started, the kids were looking at the fireworks in amazement.

The scenery was beautiful. The colors of the fireworks reflected on the surface of the lake.

Patrick turned his face to look at you and smiled, "It's beautiful, right?" He whispered.

You nodded and looked at him, "It is."

He leaned closer to you and kissed you on the lips, "I love you," He whispered against your lips, "And happy Fourth of July."