Life In Color - Colors pt 2

Years later...

You walked to your backyard to see your husband, Patrick, sitting on a chair on the terrace, your two-year-old son sitting on his lap. He made him bounce up and down by moving his leg, causing the baby to giggle.

"Look what came in the mail," You spoke up, drawing Patrick's attention to you.

He looked at the little box in your hand and stopped moving his leg, his facial expression now more serious, "They arrived?"

You nodded and handed him the box. He took it in his possession and you picked Declan up in your arms.

He stared at the little box with written Enchroma on it for a few seconds before he finally opened it, revealing a pair of glasses with dark lenses.

"Ready?" You inquired as you look down at him.

"Yeah," He sighed happily. He took the glasses out of their box and took a look at them, "They look so cool."

"Put them on." You said, smiling at him.

"Alright," He looked down at the glasses and put them on. He kept his gaze down before lifting his head up and looking around. He put his hands over his mouth, "Oh my God."

Tears started to form in your eyes, "So?"

"Well," He started and turned to face you, "Oh my God," He muttered once again. He stood up and approached you, "You guys are so beautiful."

You chuckled and pecked his lips, "What do you think of it?"

"Well, this is life in color. And this is fucking beautiful," He said as his voice cracked.

"Hey, don't cry," You cooed as you wiped the tear that was rolling down his cheek with your thumb.

"I can't just not cry after seeing colors for the first time, honey," He chuckled and wrapped an arm around your waist, "Today just feels like no other, thanks to these," He said as he took them off, "God bless whoever made them."

You smiled and kissed his cheek, "It's been a while since I've seen you this happy."

He brought you closer to him, "That's true. But it'll never top the day I married you or the one where I saw this little guy for the first time," He looked down at Declan.

He put the glasses back on, he took Declan from your arms and walked with him in the backyard, "Come on, teach me colors, buddy."

You laughed at him as he walked in the backyard and pointed at flowers and other things as he asked Declan what color it was and the little boy mumbled the words back.