Nightmare

Patrick's point of view

"Alright, it's getting late. I think we should go now." I said as I put my glass of whiskey on Pete's coffee table and stood up. I looked down at Y/N and helped her stand up.

Pete looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed together, "You're sure you can drive? You had a few drinks tonight. You two should stay here, we have a spare room."

I glanced at Y/N, she was nodding at me but I shrugged and looked back at Pete, "No, that's okay. I can drive."

He looked at me with a worried look, "Well, okay. Be safe then."

I got in my car with Y/N and tried to put the key in the ignition but missed.

Y/N put her hand on my arm and I looked up at her, "Honey, you shouldn't drive."

I tried another time to put the key in the ignition and this time succeeded, "Don't worry. I know what I'm doing. It'll be okay."

She sighed then looked at the window as I started to drive out of Pete's driveway.

After about ten minutes of driving, we arrived at a crossroads. The lights were red but I was too concentrate on the road and didn't look at the traffic lights.

Y/N gripped at my arm, "Patrick, it's red."

I looked at her, confused but I kept driving, "What?", everything went black.

When I opened my eyes, I was in an hospital bed. I heard someone crying next to me so I turned my head to see Pete, his head in his hands. He looked up at me, his eyes were red and puffy from crying. The sad expression on his face changed to anger.

"You f*cking asshole!" He yelled at me.

I looked at him, scared but also confused, "What?" I said under my breath.

"I told you to stay at my house. You killed Y/N and your son." He shouted as he walked closer to my bed. After a few seconds of me staring into space, tears streaming down my face as I was trying to understand what was happening, he calmed down a little bit and said, "The baby she was carrying was a boy."

I covered my face with my hands, "This must be a nightmare. No. Why did I do that?"

"You don't even deserve to live after what you did."

I looked up at Pete, he looked disgusted, "No, I'm sorry."

"I don't care of your apologies. You're a killer." He said sternly as he walked toward the machines beside my bed.

I looked at all the wires attached to me, one on my neck, and realized that they were plugged in the machines, they were keeping me alive.

I extended my hand toward him, "No don't do that. It was an accident. I'm sorry." I begged him

He looked at me one last time, "I'm not sorry." He then went in front of the machines and unplugged all the wires.

I started to gasp for air and everything became blurry, "Pete. No no..."

"No no no." I shouted as I woke up with a start, immediately sitting up in my bed. I was breathing fast and I could feel that I was sweating. I felt something on my right hand and looked down to see Y/N. "Oh my god, you're still alive." I sighed as I started to steady my breath again and took her in my arms. I pulled out of the embrace after a few seconds and placed a hand on her stomach, "And he's alive too." I murmured, my forehead resting on hers.

"He? We don't know if it's a boy yet." She smiled at me.

I smiled back, "Well, it was a boy in my nightmare." I chuckled.

She put her hand on my chest and I laid down on my back again. She kept her hand there and rested her head on my shoulder, "What happened?"

I explained her and when I was done, she kissed my jaw and cuddled closer to me. She stroked my chest with her hand and I kissed the top of her head. She moved her hand to my cheek and looked up at me, "I'm sorry you had this nightmare."

I kissed the top of her head again and stroked her back, "It's okay." After a moment, I added, "I promise you I won't drive drunk."

A/N : Why are the ends of my chapters always so bad?