Babysitter

Patrick's POV

"Thank you again for doing that, Patrick." Y/N said as she was about to leave her apartment.

I've known her for years, since we were teenagers actually. I always had a little something for her, we were really close but she had a boyfriend, and got married and had two kids with that guy, a six years old called Thomas and a two years old, Ethan. Of course, after that happened, I was sure nothing was going to happen between us. They divorced a year ago but even with that, I still had doubts about whether or not I should ask her out. I mean, she has kids and she probably never had feelings for me. That night, she asked me to babysit her kids while she went to a party with some friends. I had nothing planned for that night so of course I said yes.

"It's really no problem. Don't need to thank me." I said, standing next to her in the hallway as she was putting her heels on.

"But I do actually, that's so nice of you." I looked down, blushing slightly. "Okay so;" She spoke up after a few seconds, bringing my attention back to her, "Thomas' watching tv or playing video games, I don't really know to be honest," She chuckled, "And Ethan's taking a nap. There's the babyphone in the living room so you'll be able to hear him if he cries."

"Okay." I nodded my head in understanding.

"Well, I have to go now." She took me in her arms, muttered another thank you in my ear and quickly peck my cheek, I was probably blushing like crazy right now. She opened the door, "Bye."

"Bye, have fun." I said and she closed the door.

I walked in the living room to find Thomas lying on the carpet in front of the tv and watching cartoons. I chuckled slightly at the sight of the kid that looked almost hypnotized by what he was watching and walked to the couch, sitting on it. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked through the news and social media.

"You're Patrick?" I heard a small voice after a few seconds. I looked up from my phone to see Thomas turned around, still lying on the ground, to face me.

"Yep." I smiled and set my phone to the side.

"You look better than what my mom told us." He stood up and sat on the couch next to me, "She talks about you a lot."

My eyes widened as he said that, "Really?"

"Yeah, she says you're cute." He said, his gaze now fixed on the tv again. He said that like it was a random, which wasn't for me. Maybe she did had feelings for me?

The sounds of small footsteps brought me out of my daze and I looked on my right to see Ethan standing with his teddy bear in one hand and rubbing his eyes with the other, "Hey, what are you doing up, buddy?" I said and picked him up. The little boy gave me no answer and rested his head on my chest.

"He usually never does that with strangers, he always cries." Thomas spoke up.

I turned my gaze to him then back to the two years old in my arms, "Well, maybe it's because he's tired."

"Or because he thinks you're his dad."

I chuckled, "Come on, that's,"

"You could be our dad." He blurted out, not letting me finish my sentence.

"That's stupid." I muttered and set Ethan on the couch then walked to the kitchen.

"But," Thomas started but I cut him short.

"Want anything to eat?"

"Oh yes!" The six years old exclaimed as he ran into the kitchen. He stopped behind me and spoke up again, "Do you love her?"

"Oh please stop asking me questions like that." I sighed.

"Because she loves you." He said, almost making me drop the box of noodles I had in my hands. "So, do you love her?" I kept my gaze away, not wanting him to see me blush.

I tried to ignore him but he asked another time and I gave in, "Yes, I do." I muttered under my breath.

"Yes, I knew it!" He exclaimed, hugging my lower body, "You're gonna be my dad."

"Oh wow, that's not sure. And don't tell your mom what I told you."

*****

My phone buzzed on the coffee table, waking  me up. I looked around me and saw Thomas and Ethan clinging at each of my arms. I slowly freed myself and picked up my phone. Y/N sent me a message.

Y/N: Patriiiiiiiick!!!!

Me: Are you drunk?

Y/N: Yesssss

I chuckled at her message and replied.

Me: Do you want me to come pick you up?

She replied with another long yes and sent me the address of a bar. I carried the kids to bed and then went to pick up Y/N.

The car ride back wasn't that silent as Y/N kept saying stupid things. I wasn't really paying attention at was she was saying, I was too focused on the road and keeping myself awake than trying to understand the drunk sentences of my friend. I heard my name a few times, that's all.

Once in the parking lot of her apartment, I opened the passenger door and carried her inside since she was way too drunk to walk up the stairs. I laid her on her bed, "My clothes." She mumbled.

"What?" My eyes widened.

"I can't sleep like that." She motioned to the black dress she was wearing, "Give me my pajamas."

I picked up the folded clothes that were on her drawer, guessing it was her pajamas, and gave them to her. She stood up, almost losing her balance, and started taking her clothes off. I quickly turned around, "Oh my god." I muttered under my breath.

"You can turn around." I heard her say after a few seconds.

I did as she said hesitantly and sighed in relief when I saw her getting in bed, dressed, "Well, I guess I'm gonna go now."

"No, stay." She whined. I was about to say something but she added, "You look very tired. You can sleep with me."

I hesitated but the look she gave me was irresistible, she looked at me with puppy eyes and I couldn't resist. I took my shoes and pants off, leaving me in my underwear and t-shirt and slid in bed next to her. She rested her head on my chest and laid her arm on my stomach. "I love you Patrick." She mumbled. That's it, I couldn't sleep now.

*****

I woke a few hours later, it was nine and Y/N was still asleep. I watched her sleep for a few minutes. God, she was so beautiful.

"Patrick, I'm hungry." Thomas whispered from the door.

I shot my head up, "You fu...scared me so much."

"I'm sorry." The little boy replied and climbed in bed, sitting between his mom's legs and mine. "Were you staring at her?"

"What, no." I lied.

"I saw you." I sighed and looked at the mattress, "Why don't you tell her how you feel? You both love each other but don't want to say it." I was going to say I didn't love her but he spoke up before I could, "And don't tell you don't love her 'cause you told me last night."

I kept my gaze away from him and said, "Go in the kitchen. I'm coming."

The boy sighed and left the room.

I sat up on the edge of the bed and as I was going to stand up, Y/N grabbed my wrist. I looked over my shoulder and saw her looking at me with her big Y/E/C eyes, "Is that true? You love me?" I blushed and looked down at her hand that was now on top of mine. I nodded slowly. She sat up on the bed behind me and wrapped her arms around my chest, "I love you too." She whispered in my ear.

I turned around to face her, my lips really close to hers, "You actually said that lasy night." I stared at her lips for few seconds then pressed mine to hers.

"Yes!" I heard Thomas exclaim from the threshold and I smiled against Y/N's lips.