Apocalypse (Part II)

Mark's POV

I spent the rest of that day getting acquainted to the mysterious y/n. She is a tough girl who doesn't open up a lot. I'm surprised she told me her birthday! Anyways, we were playing twenty questions as I helped her with her board, which shockingly came easy to me. I guess college does help in the long run. 

I still can't believe she has been on the run for seven months now. Which is making me lose some faith in finding Bob, Wade, and Sean who was visiting during the blast. My mom is um, one of the mutated now, and I dealt with her and Tom too. I looked at the clock and decided to hit the hay. I walked upstairs and striped down to my boxers and climbed in bed sleeping close to the wall like my brother used too.

Your POV

I'm going to admit it, for someone who just woke up, he is pretty prepared. I shut down my project and decided that it was one and I needed sleep soI went upstairs to see an empty bed. I climbed in under the covers and realized it was really warm so I snuggled deeper into the covers until I completely fell asleep. 

*Time Skip*

My eyes fluttered open and I heard a slight snore, and I felt an arm over me. "AHHH!" I flinch up as Mark wakes up shocked and frightened. "Y/n! Are you okay? Wait? Y/n?" Mark looked as confused as I am. "What are you doing in my bed?" he asks and I look around.

 "I'm so so sorry, but I thought it was empty and it was late and I was just out of it. Sorry for waking you up and dist-" he cut me off. "It's fine. No need to apologize. You still look asleep anyways. It's only 5:30." Mark started to lay back down. "Come here," He invited me to lay back down, "You look like you could use a little break."

He was telling the truth I usually sleep at twelve wake up at six because I needed too be alert, but here, I feel safe. I don't know if it is because I'm tired or what, but I accepted his invitation and laid back down and Mark pulled me close to his chest, which made me blush a little, but I soon fell into a nice sleep.

*Time skip* 

I woke up to the smell of axe and the feel of skin. I snuggled closer still half asleep. "Morning Girly." Mark said trying to wake up. "Morning Mark." I slowly sit up. "What time is it?" I ask. "It's 9:30." he stated brushing his hair from his face. "Wow, is it sad that I don't really wanna move." I say with my eyes closed and my sleepy voice seemed to echo. "No, to be honest I don't wanna move either.

"but I have to work on my project..." I wine and sit up stretching and rubbing my eyes. "But now I'm cold." his raspy voice was muffled by blankets being covered over him. "Maybe put some clothes on and you would feel warmer." I say and leave his room. I heard a groan as I walked into the garage. 

I reached for my machete but I didn't feel it there. "shoot." I whisper and grab the closest thing next to me, which was a screw driver. I turned on the garage light and saw two boys in a corner and a Mutated blocking their way. I put my finger up to my lips and they nodded as I walked up behind the poisoned body and put it in a choke hold. 

The thing out smarted me and flipped me over grabbed the screw driver and held it to my temple. His popped out green veins faded and his eyes turned blue. He looked human? "What the hell are yo-" He pushed slightly on the tool and held me down harder, "oww." "Where or better yet What did you do to Mark!" his stern Irish voice yelled as the other two walked up behind him.

I stayed quiet not wanting to turn in my new friend. What if this was a trap, just so I could get led here and die, or worse be turned. I still don't understand how he can control it though. "I'm not asking twice little lady!" He yelled louder piecing my ear drums. "Guys?" I heard a familiar voice and I sighed of relief, but fear hit me. He knew them.

"Mark?!" The three said simultaneously. The blue eyed mutant thing let me go. "Sean, Bob, Wade!" I heard Mark step closer and I slid off the table holding my chest catching my breath. I grab the screw driver and pushed the Irish one to the ground. "Y/n! What the hell? He is my friend." Mark yells and I see the one below me veins turn green.

"Can't you see? He is a Mutated! He can't live!" I say and the table turns when the boy below me growls. "He can control it, it only happens when he feels threatened!" The one with glasses said. "Please let him go!" The one beside him says. "Trust me, I'm doing you all a favor!" I hold the screwdriver tightly. "Y/n Please!" I heard Mark yell and I looked down at the Irish man.

His blue eyes.

"Get out of here Y/n!" I heard my once friend in the corner of the room. I breathed heavily fighting every urge not to go. "I'm not leaving without you Daniel!" I breathed looking at the green and red splattered walls. "You will never be alone, I promise. Keep going East, find Cincinnati, It will be safer there I promise." He groaned in pain knowing that the poison was infecting his blood stream.

"I'll see you soon....Just...not too soon...okay?" He breathed heavily and I nodded as tears welled in my eyes. "I'm going to miss you." I say and he yells in pain. "Run!" 

I snap out of it noticing the screw driver just inches away. I struggled but then dropped my weapon. I got up fast not wanting to show off my emotions and grabbed my board. I rushed out the front door and held my hand in a tight fist not wanting to slow down or go in in any other direction but forward. That's when a giant Dobsonfly bumped me off my board and I was falling.

(This is the demon that haunts not only this story but my life)

So this is how I am leaving this world into the next. If the fall doesn't kill me, the Hellgamite will surely finish the job. That's when I noticed that I wasn't falling anymore, nor was I being attacked by a giant winged creature with pincers for a mouth. Instead I saw Mark and a different hover board that looked exactly like mine but with a red glowing stripe instead.

"Look at you falling for me." Mark said holding me bridal style with one hand open. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Let's take you, Tron, and Quorra home." He looked down at me and I just kinda sat there shocked. "but- how?" He interrupted me. "Ride now, Questions later." I didn't feel up fro arguing so I agreed and just closed my eyes letting my anxiety slip away.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>