Apocalypse (Part V)

Your POV

I woke up early, well earlier than usual. Mark wasn't by me and I heard mumbling down the stairs. Why are they up at 3 a.m. I get up and walk down slowly not trying to grab anyone's attention. "Now you will know how it felt being hunted down by people like you." I heard Sean say.

I rush out and tackle him to the ground as two others pulled me up. "Bob? Wade? Sean? What the hell is going on?! What are you doing to Mark?!" I yell noticing his limp body strapped to a chair. "Oh y/n, if you honestly thought that we, were going to help you save the world. Well,  you're wrong. The world that we live in now, is how it will be from now on. We weren't supposed to survive that blast. We were supposed to die along with everyone else." Sean says pacing the floor. 

Wade and Bob started to drag me to a chair, but I kicked my way out. "Tron, Quorra! RESCUE MODE!" I yell hoping the activate but Wade knocked me out before I could notice.

Mark's POV

Tron was on auto pilot and so was Quorra. Y/n was still knocked out. This is all my fault. I guess my innocence blinded me to how the fall can change people. I heard a groan come from y/n. "Slow." I hold my hand out  stopping Quorra and Tron followed in suit. "Uh, Mark?" She asks and slowly tries to sit up. "Woah, take it easy girly, Wade hit you pretty hard. "Yeah, no sh*t. Ah, are you okay?" she asks me. "Could be better. Considering that all my so called friends turned on me and tried to make me like Sean, I think I'm great." I sighed and looked down at the board.

Her hand landed over mine. "I won't betray you Mark. I've been around the same block you're on and lost one of my greatest allies because of it. At least you made it out alive." I faintly smile at her remark. "How did you become so strong?" I ask.

She stuttered a little and took a deep breath.

"About a year ago I met up with a couple of friends of mine. Dan and Phil.
(sorry i thought Dan's full name was daniel😬)
We all found a boat and finally found the U.S. hoping it was different here. Turns out it was worse than where we started. We traveled around a while and that's when Phil got sick. He needed medicine that we couldn't provide or find. So January 26, 3019 Phil Lester died from a cardiac arrest. At least we thought he did..." tears started to well in her eyes.

"He came back for Dan and I. We were surrounded by those mutated b*tches and Dani sacrificed himself for me. And that is a debt I can never repay." she wiped her eyes and I pulled her board closer to mine so I could pull her into a well-needed hug.

I don't know why I have feelings for her, something is just special I guess. It was getting dark so y/n and I decided it was best to set up camp. Which involved me getting firewood and her finding food. Hopefully, she finds something close by. I hate to be separated from her, but this is what she says will work best. Good thing my board can find her.

Your POV

This is the end of me. A hellgrammite knocked me off my board and broke it. Indestructible. Huh, man that's true. I heard something behind me. Sadly it wasn't Mark.

"Sean. Look I'm sorry I called you am-" "Don't even go there. That's what everyone says..." He looked hurt. "You had someone else, didn't you?" I saw tears brim his eyes. "She didn't deserve to live in this. She never deserved it!" he shouted which made me flinch a little. "And turning me is going to help you with your problem?" "No, It's not turning you anymore. I'm sorry, you seemed nice-ish."

"You don't have to do this Sean." I say trying to convince him otherwise. "It's too late. I'm sorry y/n but I can't hold it back anymore. Goodbye." with that said he quickly turned into the monster he once was and started chasing me.

I knew I couldn't escape this fate. They were too fast, and knowing how Mutants work, I'm going to be ambushed soon. "Mark!" I yell. Nothing came. Not even a sound. I heard a buzzing now there is nothing anyone can do for me now. That's when I felt a hand grab my arm and I was off the ground.

"Mark!" I smiled up at him. He had a worried expression which soon faded to a comforting smile. Next thing you know, BANG! "I got him Sean!" Wade yelled coming out of his hiding spot riding MY hover board. We fell like 10 feet to the ground. "N-no!" I cry out trying to get to Mark. "Awe, aren't you just the cutest thing when you're desperate." Sean said still mutated. 

"Just kill me already." I sit up holding my ribs. Which have to be bruised or broke. "Oh Darling. Now that I have Mark here. I'll have him do it." Sean snaps over to Mark. "NO MARK!" but it was too late Sean had dug his teeth into Marks arm and he quickly cut himself allowing his green blood to mix with Mark's. "No..." I slowly crawl my way over to him as Mark's eyes slowly drift open.

"No...Sean....What have you done?" Mark said breathing heavily holding his arm. "This is what we always wanted. To be together right? Jackarooni and Markimoo in the forest. It will be just like old times." Sean stated as I continued closer. "Sean. I-No! AHHH!" Mark fell back in pain. "What did you do to me!" he yelled.

"Made you Septic." with that said I grabbed my dagger and lunged at Sean stabbing him once and for all. Bob and Wade retreated soon after. "Mark," I went up to him and knelt beside him. "y/n...you...got...to...get out of-" I kissed his lips softly as he joined in. "I'm not going anywhere." I held my forehead to his. His breathing slowed down and he slowly fell back.
Mark was gone. Now there is only one thing left to do. I grab the gun from his pocket. "1...2...3..." BANG!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Did you shoot yourself? Or did you shoot Mark to keep him from coming back....what did you think about this?