Day 12: I Wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas

On The Twelfth Day of Christmas Markimoo Gave to Me: 12 Pounds of Hippo Plushies

Mark's Pov

I wake up and look next to me and saw no one. I looked at the clock. It was a minute after midnight. No. That, No! It didn't happen. It was just a dream. "Y/N!" I yell jumping off the couch and running around the house opening every door. I woke up Ethan, Katelyn, and Tyler in the process. "Mark what the heck are you doing?" Katelyn says walking into the kitchen.

"y/n is gone." I say bluntly putting on a thin sweatshirt and grabbing a flashlight. "Where are you going?" Tyler asks rubbing his eyes. "I'm going to find her," I say and leave the house.

Tyler's Pov

Mark has completely lost his marbles. I walk upstairs to his room and I didn't see anything. Wait. 'I'm going to find her...' Shit! That's what he meant! I grab a flash light and put my sneakers on and booked it outside. I saw Ethan and Katelyn out there too. "y/n!" Ethan yelled. Mark started his car and Ethan jumped in. I ran to the driver's window, "Katelyn and I got the neighborhood, you go where you need too!" I tell Mark as he nods and they back out of the driveway.

Perfect. I really feel bad about what we are doing, but it's going to be worth it in the end.

Mark's Pov

Ethan and I literally went everywhere, From Pasadena, to Anaheim, and then to Long Beach. Nothing. We were on our way back to my house, our phones had died hours ago. "We'll find her Mark. I was there too, we can still find her." Ethan says more to himself than to me. I sigh and face the hard truth. y/n could be in Heaven, or worse, Hell, by now. I had to face the fact, that she's...gone

We finally made it to the house and we dragged ourselves out of the car. I opened the front door, and flopped on the couch in the living room. "Mark! What did you want for Christmas again?" Tyler asks from upstairs. "A Fricken Hippo Ty, I don't care. Ok. I had everything planned today an-and I can't do it anymo-re," my voice cracks as my tears brim my eyes once more. I heard footsteps come into the living room.

"Open our present, Mark," Katelyn says as I open my eyes and wipe them. I sit up and see a long tall box under the tree. I roll my eyes. "I'm really not in the mood guys," I wipe my eyes again and sniffle a little. "Please!" Ethan yelled. "Okay?" I say walking up to the box and untying the bow and the box fell with like 50 hippopotamus plushies coming out of it. I giggled a little until I notice something twitch in the pile.

I start to move the hippos off the object and then my heart beats faster, and my hands start to shake. I move the hippos faster and I saw...y/n in a hippo onesie with a sign that says. 'Play Me Like I'm One Of Your Favorite Games, and Never Stop...' I pulled her in immediately and tears came from both of us. "How is this even possible?" I ask. She giggles and pulls away wiping my eyes for me. "Like Tyler said, sometimes things stay in dreams, guess it just was a dream." I hugged her again and everyone clapped.

"You all are dicks for not telling me that she was here!" I yell standing up. "Yeah, I mean I was in that box for a solid hour before you got here, and then you said you weren't going to open it, then I was going to pop out and been like. Wth is wrong wit chew." y/n said and we all laughed. "Oh, one second I gotta grab something!" I ran upstairs to our bedroom and grabbed my present for y/n.

Your Pov

I smiled as Mark ran upstairs. "Thank You guys for helping me with this," I smile at them. They smile. "No problem, anytime," Tyler says. "How did you control the dream to do that?" Katelyn asks. "I don't know, to be honest it was just a thing that my mom and I could do," I say. I heard footsteps and I saw Mark rush through to the living room. "Woah, when did you dye your hair?" I ask and notice it's his natural hair color? "Just ignore it for now," Mark looks at Ethan and he pulls his phone out.

"Y/n we have been through...A lot, and I know that you know how much I love you because I went on a 6 hour road trip with Ethan to try and find you. My mother and brother adore you and so do my friends. I will never drop my feelings for you, because you never did for me. So, y/n m/n l/n will you become my girliplier," he got on one knee, "y/n will you make me the happiest man on Christmas and marry me?"

He opened the box and it was my mother's old engagement ring. The diamond and the two sapphires around it never lost their shine. "Yes!"

and we lived...we survived...12 days of Christmas

The End