Apocalypse (Part IV)

Something short & cute until Hell breaks loose....

Your POV

I was speechless. Then I remembered...

"Dani, What are you trying to do here?" I ask looking around at all of the candles and he pulled me closer.

"It's whatever you want it to be," he smiled down at me.

"Y/n, are you okay? Is this too much too fast? I'm sorry if it is. It's just that you work really hard and I thought tha- It's perfect Mark, you just remind me of someone. In a good way of course." I interrupt his ramble and we both let out a nervous laugh. "Please take a seat." he said as he patted on the spot next to him on the floor. "Why aren't you being a gentleman." I say sitting next to him.

"I try sometimes...M'lady." he dips a nonexisting hat. We laughed and talked for a while. I will admit, Mark is a pretty awesome guy once you get to know him. He sold most of his possessions to try and start a  youtube channel.  Sadly though about a year into it, the apocalypse happened. Thanks to Regan who started all out war with everyone! We turned off the lights and started the movie. 

I found myself drifting off, but I tried to stay awake. Mark noticed this and put an arm around me. "It's okay to fall asleep. I'll be here when you wake up." He said and I nodded slowly drifting asleep in his arms.

Mark's POV

She fell asleep right after I said that. Which is adorable. I pick her up bridal style and lay her in bed. I sneak out of my room really quick to check on my friends. Bob and Wade passed out on the sofa. Wade is well...sleeping like a Wade. I look around for Sean and that's when I heard the shuffling in the garage.

I walk in and see him pacing back and forth. "What's got you up this late?" I ask him. "Is it bad that I can't remember what it's like to be normal?" he returns. "What?" I sit on a work bench and he sits on a swivel chair. "I feel normal, but I know I'm not. Like in my honest opinion the only things that changed were my anger issues and well my emotions in general are pretty wonky and-"

"Slow your roll Sean. Is this about your homework assignment y/n gave you?" I ask. "Yes, and How did you know?" Sean says all sassy. "She was talking about it earlier. It's honestly no big deal." I say to him. "No big deal...NO BIGDEAL! Mark the Entire world is at stake! And for once we might have a shot in saving it! And it's Not A Big Deal!" Sean snaps. "Sorry, like I said my emotions get the better of me."

"It's fine buddy. Here, there is always tomorrow. Why don't you head to bed." I remove the notepad from his hands. He sighs but agrees with me. "I'll work better on a clear head. Spare room right? Or did Bob and Wade take it?" Sean asks me. "The Spare is open. Bob and Wade are having a dominance test in their sleep." I say and Sean opens the door just a tad. "Wade is on top by the way. He looks like a ragdoll." Sean giggles. 

"I know. I know. Now get some sleep! I'll shut it all down." I say and grab a flashlight. I walk up to the power box and shut everything down. Saves energy, and keeps it working. I turn on my flashlight and lock the garage door and head upstairs to my room.

I slide my shirt off and grab my pajama pants. I won't lie it was cold yesterday when she left the bed. I brought Tron and Quorra up here and Wade,believe it or not, built a charging port for them that runs on Solar energy. I guess he can be useful. I slip in bed trying not to wake y/n up...but my attempts failed.

Your POV

"Morning." I say groggily. "Quite the opposite girly." Mark said and pulled me closer to him. "Okay, are you hungry?" I ask him. "No?" he laughs a little. "Good cuz I ain't makin' you nothin. It's too early for this." I say half asleep. "Too late you mean. It was eleven when I came in." he said and I nod. "Okay,father time knows best." I nod snuggling in his chest. "G'night y/n." Mark mumbled giggling. "G'night Markimo-" I yawned and fell back asleep.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>