Betrayed (Part II)

Mark's POV

Something just doesn't feel right. I know that I can't remember much, but why do I feel empty. I have Jaylean with me. Everything should be fine, right? I can't seem to record anything without feeling left out of something. I just wish I remembered what.

"Babe! Someone keeps harassing me on a private number." She said and looked hurt. "Lemme deal with her." I bluntly say. "okay hold on... I told you he was mine, always have," She stopped and let me  finish her statement. "And always will. So leave me alone." the words come out weird. None of this feels right.

She kept talking to the person on the other side of the line and then the call ended. "She hung up." Jaylean huffed and sat next to me. "Maybe now she'll stop bothering you?" I scratch my head as she nods, "Hopefully."

"So why can't I remember anything?" I ask her and she smiles. "Because silly, you had one to many and someone ruffied your drink. You're lucky I found you when I di-" I interrupt her. "Okay that is impossible, because I can't drink, if I did, I'd probably be dead right now. What are you hiding Jaylean?" 

She started laughing which scared me, "You have no idea how much fun we are going to have. You will always be mine." Then I remembered her. The abuse, the fear, the torture. I'm back in my loop. "no..." Next thing I know she injected something into my arm and I fell to darkness. 

Your POV

I cuddled into Chris and let my silent tears fall. "They hurt Chris." He snaps up opening his eyes. "I know, but you'll get better, you always do." He smiles and holds me closer to him. We have been friends since birth, so he understands my problem.

Ever since I was 12, I started blacking out and woke up injured in some way, or sometimes somewhere completely different from where I was before. Chris tries to stop me, but the one time he tried I cut him on the cheek. The scar remains, and so does the pain and regret. "I'm sorry you're stuck here, especially with me."

"Hey, y/n, don't put yourself down like that. You are a beautiful and a talented woman. I may not know what exactly is going on, but don't listen to whatever is going through that brain of yours. You are surrounded by people who love you." he smiled and so did I. "Mark left me for Jaylean." I say and close my eyes trying to forget everything. I wish this hole in my heart would disappear.

"Wait? What?" Chris says shocked and confused. "When I called him to ask if he was okay, he told me that he was always her's and that I need to leave them alone." 'And always will. So leave me alone.'  His last words to me echoed through my head. "Y/n he was probably threatened to say that! We need to find them right away and get him away from her. Do you remember what happened last time!"

I start to think and then I get a flashback...

Mark is a man, he refuses to hit or fight a girl physically, but verbally he had no choice. "You are always going to be mine, okay Markibaby!" She yelled cutting his arm as he silently yelled not wanting to show his fear. I was tied up in a corner praying that my squad came soon. Just as I thought that Kaylor sneaks down the basement steps and comes over to me unnoticed. 

She untied me and took the duck tape off of my mouth carefully. "...let's go kill a S.O.B." Kaylor whispers. "Technically a D.O.B. but ok..." I whisper back and she smiles at my sarcasm. She went straight to Jaylean removing the weapon from her hand and pinning her to a wall. "Get him out y/n!" I run to Mark and  he doesn't look at me.

I remove his restraints and kiss his forehead. "It's okay, you're safe now," he looks at me with his face flushed, "Come on let's go!" I say and help him up as we left the basement. "Just leave her alive so she can feel the pain that she's caused." I say looking at a beat up Jaylean and one proud Kaylor. "Okay..." She says pushing her to the ground. (When I see Kaylor I think of Happy from Scorpion for some reason.)

"We got to save him..." I say still leaving my day dream. "Okay, where do you think he could be?" Chris asks. "If I can trace Mark's call I might be able to pin point his location!" I quickly hook up my phone to my laptop and trace it. "Wow, you really don't change do you." I say to myself and look at her house she was in before. 

"Chris you recruit the Squad and I'll call you if I need back up!" I put a jacket on as Chris grabs my shoulder. "You're not going alone." he says. "I wont be alone, I need you on the sidelines so everyone comes out safe. Okay?" he just nods and hugs me. "Stay safe Sharpie." he whispers. "I will crispy treat."

I hop in my jeep and drive off to Jaylean's house as Chris went to find the squad. I pull into the drive way and stash a knife in my boot. I walk up to the door, "Here we go..." I say to my self as I kick the door down. "...huh I didn't know I could do that." I say pretty proud of myself. "STOP!" (wait a minute! XD) I heard Mark yells down stairs. I grab my knife and speed down the basement stairs.

I don't see Mark or anyone for that matter. Then I heard it again and I notice a tape recorder in the corner. "What the h-" My mouth was covered and I fought the strong grip but it pushed me into a metal chair and the bindings  immediately locked. I struggled and pulled to get out.

I look up and see Mark, "Mark look we need to get out of here! We're not saf-" I was interrupted. "No, I am safer here than I ever was with you! Don't you get it. I'm happy here!" Mark says as I feel the pain return. "mark what's my name?" he looks at me confused.

"What Is My Name!" I say louder as he takes the knife from my boot and hold's it to my cheek. "I may not know that, but Jaylean told me that you would come and try to kill her because you are jealous." he says quivering a bit. He can't do it. "Mark, please, deep down you know that's a lie. You can't hurt me and you wo-" he slashed my face his pupils dilated to nothing. "M-mark, I'm not your enemy, I am your friend. Please you have to listen to me."

He started shaking and he dropped the knife fighting with himself. "What did Jaylean do to me!" he yells and falls holding his head and screams in pain.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>