Chapter Nine: Inimical

Clyde's POV

I lean against the wall of the mine breathing in heavily. "I can't believe that just happened," I say to Rani.

Rani looks at me, "What part? Do you mean the creepy spiders or that funny looking bat?"

I sigh, "Both glad we lost them. I'm really worried about Sky and Luke now. I mean where have they got to and what's happened to them?"

We hear a noise close by. "Oh great they found us," Rani says looking at me like its my fault.

"Can't have. I am sure they couldn't of followed us," I whisper back clinging to the wall.

"What we just going to hang on this wall in hope they don't spot us?" says Rani looking at me weirdly.

"Of course not what you take me for," I retort back.

"Sometimes Rani thinks your a bit stupid," says a voice from behind us making us both jump grabbing hold of each others hand for a second but quickly withdrawing to find Sky in front of us.

"Oh Sky its so good to see you and I will ignore what you just said. Are you okey what happened to your head?" I ask her looking at the cut on her forehead.

"I fell as I ran," she says softly.

"Ran from what?" Rani asks her swinging in like she always does with Sky. I can't help but find Rani is like a big sister to her and I'm glad but sometimes that makes me feel a little pushed to the side.

"This thing...oh Luke," she says breaking down in Rani's arm now.

"Luke what about Luke?" I ask panicking.

"I left him. I left him with that thing. I let him fall, the rope but she touched me I felt something leave me. I had to run. I had no choice. I hope Luke understands...I hope he is alright," says Sky tears falling down her cheeks.

"What is this thing?"

"I don't know what its called. Looked human but also didn't. Women I think. She was struggling with me, tore me from the rope and then started to touch me. I had to run, I somehow got through the door that had been covered up and ran. I fell and hit my head but kept running. I am glad I found you. We have to go back. We have to save Luke," says Sky leaning away from Rani and looking directly at me.

"Of course but why did she touch you? What did she really want?"

"I don't know Clyde all I do know is when she touched me felt like she took something from my body."

Luke's POV

I start to choke slightly on the water as the current got faster shooting downwards. I try struggle against it but it just seems to make it worse.

I claw towards the sides of the river but I only catch it just to be pushed further along. This is not going as I had planned it.

Finally I can see light up ahead and the current seems to slow down ever so slightly. The cave opens up as finally I reach fresh air and find myself now traveling slower down the river along the outside of the mine. I can see the hill in the distance and my car.

I slowly swim back to the left side of the river and slowly climb up onto the rocky path beside it. Its going to be a bit of walk back to the Mine entrance but I have no choice. The sun is shining so I'm hoping it help me dry off quicker. I shouldn't catch a cold or anything like that. I mean my immune system is perfect.

I slowly walk across the rocky path that will lead me back to the Mine entrance if I am correct. I feel slightly exhausted but hopefully that would ease off soon and even though my side slightly still hurts from that fall it shouldn't leave even a bruise.